HJ60 driveway resto/build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it's a new week which means more questions for you all,

First is my leaf spring bushings are very worn to the point where the axle seems to be clunking around when flexed or steering...

What I'm wondering is how bad would it be to just replace the worn bushings ? The hard mount to the frame ones seem fine its just the ones on the shackles that seem bad. So can I just do those ?

Second question is regarding the Dometic fridges, It turns out I know someone who works for them so I have a chance to get a discount on one and I figured I'd take that, but I don't know anything about them or wiring them up... where should I start for research? I'm on 24v so that complicates things slightly.

Was thinking about this one,
Howdy, @CruiserCobes. Have you already lifted your truck, or did the PO upgrade your suspension? Even if it's the original, and it's still functioning, I think that you could just replace the bushing without any problems. I'm running an OME suspension on my truck. If you contact Kurt @cruiseroutfit he and his team will probably be able to hook you up with bushings that will do the trick.

Howdy folks,

I have ordered 16 ome bushing from 4wheelauto.

Should be here on Thursday then ill swap em around on the weekend. I typically order my stuff from them just due to them being Canadian and being fast/reliable with shipping.

And the truck came with a ome heavy duty set up, kit looked pretty new as the springs still had the sticker on it so maybe the dude reused the old bushings?

Anyway, I'll update with my progress on the weekend

Howdy folks,

I have ordered 16 ome bushing from 4wheelauto.

Should be here on Thursday then ill swap em around on the weekend. I typically order my stuff from them just due to them being Canadian and being fast/reliable with shipping.

And the truck came with a ome heavy duty set up, kit looked pretty new as the springs still had the sticker on it so maybe the dude reused the old bushings?

Anyway, I'll update with my progress on the weekend
Sorry, man, I forgot that we had already chatted about your set up. You’ll be ready to roll with those new bushings. And, absolutely get why you made your purchase in Canada. Duties/shipping are far too expensive and Covid restrictions add a whole new level of delay.

good luck with your next project. I’m tearing into my truck in the next week... rust repair/welding in new sheet metal... using your example above as a guide. Thanks again!

Okay so bushings in the front fixed the clunking sound, I ended up messing up the threads on one of the shackle bolts but I fixed it with a tap.

Turns out the threads on the ARB shackle bolts is actually SAE...

Anyway next fun thing to think about is engine swaps as I want to start putting together a parts list. I'm debating between a 1HZ or a 12ht, both are awesome.

12ht would be an easier swap but the 1hz would be cheaper so I'm unsure,

CrusierCobes this is a great share! I will be embarking on the same quarter panel replacement and have been looking for others that have done it. Question for you, did you need to remove or repair any of the inner wheel well tub behind the quarter panel?

D40D34DB-265F-4288-A32C-F34D8291CF66.jpeg

5CC262F9-E79A-4577-9D76-8332E284A770.jpeg

@gvtxcruiser , the only way to know for sure is to tear into it. with exterior looking like that i'd almost bet it'll need work on the inside. there's numerous threads in here that deal with what you pictured n queried about. my "the dragonship" thread included. good luck man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom