Builds Greetings from Seattle...Fixing up "Blue Guy" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While maybe not the ideal DD for mainly highway use. I have enjoyed driving the FJ62 around all the time, especially when the sun decides to come out:
49508785567_5ee6444522_z.jpg

And I have a great helper for keeping it clean:
49508785652_23b9f4abae_z.jpg
Those ferry rides are awesome. I've taken my FJ60 from Anacortes to San Juan Island a bunch of times. I think yesterday was the first day the sun has been out this year. The rain here has been crazy.

Blue Guy got a sibling the other day. Saw this 2002 100 series for sale in the neighborhood, it only has 146k on the clock and is a one owner well maintained cruiser. We took the chance and grabbed it. It will be the DD now while Blue Guy gets to finally get some work done that DD duty wasn't allowing to happen. Definitely two VERY different land cruisers. Disclaimer: that unfortunately is not our house in the background :p
49590166222_5db73edd41_c.jpg

Blue Guy got a sibling the other day. Saw this 2002 100 series for sale in the neighborhood, it only has 146k on the clock and is a one owner well maintained cruiser. We took the chance and grabbed it. It will be the DD now while Blue Guy gets to finally get some work done that DD duty wasn't allowing to happen. Definitely two VERY different land cruisers. Disclaimer: that unfortunately is not our house in the background :p
49590166222_5db73edd41_c.jpg
But that is your neighborhood, right? Just kidding :).

We'll be up in your neck of the woods when our first grandchild arrives in early May. Hopefully we'll see some sunshine then.

But that is your neighborhood, right? Just kidding :).

We'll be up in your neck of the woods when our first grandchild arrives in early May. Hopefully we'll see some sunshine then.
Lets just say the homes in this part of town are diverse in many ways. :)
That’s exciting about the grandkid! It should be nicer then. Feel free to reach out when you are in town. :beer:

Finally started my injector replacement project. Taking my time and cleaning things as I go since well... I dont have to drive anywhere in the FJ62 for a while :/ Have a stash of essential parts for this job I banked away and a set of refreshed injectors from WitchHunter. Cant wait to see how much better this engine will run.
49725850741_62dcf4d5b5_z.jpg

Thankfully I had a dremel polisher the exact size of the injector ports. Worked perfect!
49725620478_220d4d01fe_z.jpg

Wires at the pinch point in the wire loom looked great thankfully! I will rewrap this and wrap the whole loom in heat reflective cloth.
49725620363_e87a613a5f_z.jpg

You should get a nice seat of the pants improvement in how it runs. Certainly should start and idle quick and smooth.

I did this job a million years ago and would like to do it again with combined desmog with air rail removal and plugs. At the time I also had my throttle body bored out which I think gave it the most improved feel.

How grungy was your cold start injector, and the intake plenum overall? Had any luck cleaning out the plenum yet?

You should get a nice seat of the pants improvement in how it runs. Certainly should start and idle quick and smooth.

I did this job a million years ago and would like to do it again with combined desmog with air rail removal and plugs. At the time I also had my throttle body bored out which I think gave it the most improved feel.

How grungy was your cold start injector, and the intake plenum overall? Had any luck cleaning out the plenum yet?
The cold start injector was nasty! I had that refreshed by WitchHunter a few months back and used that right away since it was so easy to swap. :) I am still trying to clean out the inside of the intake manifold. Hard to get in there. I loosened up some gunk which I now need to make sure I get it all out. Can't leave loose bits in there! I think I may want to do a oil catch can based on how much gunk was in the intake.

Got some parts back from the platers today! I have never had parts plated before but I am definitely a fan now! :D
I was a bozo and forgot to get a few parts plated but I will circle back and get them plated at a later date.
49732480146_90937dbed7_z.jpg

What method did you use to clean out the intake?

Lots of carb cleaner, brake cleaner, brushes, elbow grease, etc. IIRC it just removed all the caked on stuff but not the all the black film in there. I wanted it to be perfect, but in the interest of time and futility I called it good and moved on.
My 3FE ran great after the injector/intake refresh.

Thanks! Time to scrub more. :) Excited to see how this runs after.

get it chase!

I want to see this truck get up to 88 mph after those injectors get swapped out.
I dont know man, 80 was pushing the limit for me. Buuuuut, the roads are clear now, I may have enough of a runway!

just be careful with those plastic injector clips! They are always very brittle. Now I would order a set of replacements just to have ready in case you break one.

just be careful with those plastic injector clips! They are always very brittle. Now I would order a set of replacements just to have ready in case you break one.
I have those on standby! I think I saw a old thread where you mentioned that. All the terminals came off ok-ish. I can tell they are brittle. The wires are very stiff. Hopefully none of the insulation cracked while I have been moving it around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom