Builds Frog's FJ159 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got back from another cool work trip, picture taken over the Wake Islands
14458.jpeg

Any progress on this one?

Like driving a stick shift for the first time, when you've only ever known an automatic transmission!

I got scraps from my local exhaust shop to practice on. When you've welded then all together, slice them apart and repeat. Still... I have to knock the rust off my TIG skills everytime. I just don't do it frequently enough.

I thought after I learned to TIG, my MIG skills reached a new peak. You really learn to control a puddle when you learn TIG

Getting ready to start a new build, 1973 Fj40. Looking at a set of axles, 2008 Ford F-350..... High Pinion Dana 60 front, Sterling full float rear. Are you pleased with your axles @A10Driver ? I'll be installing a 5.3L and a 4L80 with a Atlas also.

Getting ready to start a new build, 1973 Fj40. Looking at a set of axles, 2008 Ford F-350..... High Pinion Dana 60 front, Sterling full float rear. Are you pleased with your axles @A10Driver ? I'll be installing a 5.3L and a 4L80 with a Atlas also.
I have not driven it yet, but think they will work well. The front diff is huge so make sure your engine has sufficient clearance.

Awesome work man!
Thanks, I wish it was going a little faster but am enjoying working on it. I don't want it to not be fun, so I only work on it when I feel like it. This virus crap has made life pretty hectic with a wife who works full time so really slow right now.

Learning to TIG will make your MIG better. I've been TIG welding since 1988 and the machines now are amazing compared to the dinosaurs we used to use.

Your cruiser is turning out awesome congrats on perseverance and dedication it takes to complete a mammoth project like this.

Spent 20 yrs on flight line. Stay safe and keep at it.

Roof turned out well. I am taking a break from this project and working on my 76. I have been driving it while working on the 159 project and decided to just fix it the way I want for now. Probably start another thread for it

Oh man, I have A.D.D. like this. I had to sell off all of my other projects so I only had one to focus on. I am finally making progress on just the one build. I hope you are not as badly affected as I am. Cool project I look forward to seeing your progress when you get back to it.

Oh man, I have A.D.D. like this. I had to sell off all of my other projects so I only had one to focus on. I am finally making progress on just the one build. I hope you are not as badly affected as I am. Cool project I look forward to seeing your progress when you get back to it.

I don't know what you are talking about....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom