FJ80 with a 3.4L supercharger Possible

If your in California you pretty much are stuck with the 1fz.

You can swap and Smog an LS in California. It's a royal PITA but you can do it. For the cost of a Slee 4.7 swap you can probably swap the E-Rod motor which comes with all the stuff you need to be CA Compliant. I looked into this when searching for jobs out west. That said it ends up being 10lbs of s*** in a 5lb bag, but you gotta do what the CARB man says you gotta do.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Morro Bay, At the edge of the Pacific ocean
You can swap and Smog an LS in California. It's a royal PITA but you can do it. For the cost of a Slee 4.7 swap you can probably swap the E-Rod motor which comes with all the stuff you need to be CA Compliant. I looked into this when searching for jobs out west. That said it ends up being 10lbs of s*** in a 5lb bag, but you gotta do what the CARB man says you gotta do.
When was the last time the E rod was available ?

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Morro Bay, At the edge of the Pacific ocean

LandLocked93

SILVER Star
From consensus gathered while wading through this (engine/V8/swap), if you're ponying up for a 2UZ just go all out and convert to all-electric, or hybrid (better of the two imo) and make the kit for sale.

Or go diesel.

When was the last time the E rod was available ?

...today?

...today?

I don't pretend to be a CA swap expert but I was told that there was a recent change in the rules that do not allow you to use a 6.2L in a vehicle that is not in the same class.

TYM4FUN

SILVER Star
...today?

1995 and older only light duty trucks, which we are not.

Last edited:
The 2UZ swap will be my "ten year project" I'm going to track down a 3Fe if I can as I piece the swap together. I'm in the process of convincing my wife we need two rigs so I can hang on to my YJ. I'm losing the battle but the war is not yet lost!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom