FJ80 with a 3.4L supercharger Possible

Hello everyone!!!! I am new to the Land Cruiser world. I'm trading in my Jeep YJ for a 92 land cruiser for a better ride and space. The land Cruiser has a blown motor and I have been searching the internet on different swap options. I have a donor T100 with a 3.4l supercharged motor and i am having a hell of a time finding any info to preform the swap as the 4.0 and 4.5 are hard to find these days in my area.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find this swap info?

is it possible to swap in a 3.4l supercharged into a 92 FJ80?

Turbo the 3.4L and ditch the supercharger. If you really want to do this, then the tiny bit of power and the pinging that the supercharger brings will not make it worth it. Here’s the dyno sheet for my friends turbod 3.4.

060C73E2-F962-4930-B490-2BDC85BFAB0A.jpeg

Website
www.facebook.com
A 3.4 is a fun little motor. The 4.5 has nearly half again the displacement (obvious, I know) and super/turbo charged or not, a 3.4 in an '80 is gonna suck. It might not look too bad on paper, but after a day on the trail, or on hilly roads for that matter you will be tired of winding that little V6 out to find those numbers the ryno brags about.. I've run with guys who have supercharged 3.4s in their trucks. They gotta hard work to hang the lame old tired and worn out old school straight sixs on our trails. Wouldn't trade powerplants with them for anything.

The reason there is no info to be found about swapping a Toyota V6 in place of the FZ... it is not done.

Mark...

A 3.4 is a fun little motor. The 4.5 has nearly half again the displacement (obvious, I know) and super/turbo charged or not, a 3.4 in an '80 is gonna suck. It might not look too bad on paper, but after a day on the trail, or on hilly roads for that matter you will be tired of winding that little V6 out to find those numbers the ryno brags about.. I've run with guys who have supercharged 3.4s in their trucks. They gotta hard work to hang the lame old tired and worn out old school straight sixs on our trails. Wouldn't trade powerplants with them for anything.

The reason there is no info to be found about swapping a Toyota V6 in place of the FZ... it is not done.

Mark...
A turbo 1fz and a turbo 3.4L make peak torque at the same rpm. And I’m with you, supercharged 3.4s are objectively bad

D1CC510A-D84B-4220-A70E-FB999CE70D2B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom