FJ80 with a 3.4L supercharger Possible (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Harder and more costly then a LS swap, but I like it better keep it all Toyota !!!
Not necessarily. I'm in the middle of a 2uz swap and I'm using the entire drivetrain from the 1999 100 series my wife wrecked last year. I've looked at almost every 2uz swap that has been documented and my take on what is complicated is when people start piecing things together from several different vehicles: motor from a sequoia, tranny from a 4runner, transfer case from a land cruiser. IF (and it's not impossible, just got to have patience) you can find a complete donor rig, it's not a hard swap, just time-consuming sorting out the wiring, which I would argue is the more tedious portion of an LS swap. Also, most of the LS swap guys I've talked to say to do the same thing: find a complete donor rig to make things much easier and make sure everything works well together.

As far as cost, it's not that hard to find a complete 2uz drive train for around the same price as just the Marks adapter needed to bolt up the GM tranny to the transfer case.
The other bits needed are going to be the same either way so I would argue that you could do a 2uz swap for a bit cheaper than an LS.

Having said all that, I'd rather do an LS swap as the long term ability to keep a GM drivetrain going will take you further into the future compared to using Toyota stuff. There's a whole thread on here about the items that Toyota no longer makes, and because their supply chain is so limited, the aftermarket support is not there on a lot of things as well. That will never happen with GM stuff, well, at least in our lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom