FJ80 with a 3.4L supercharger Possible (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just pay Slee for the 2UZ swap. No dramas if you go that route.

If your in California you pretty much are stuck with the 1fz.

You can swap and Smog an LS in California. It's a royal PITA but you can do it. For the cost of a Slee 4.7 swap you can probably swap the E-Rod motor which comes with all the stuff you need to be CA Compliant. I looked into this when searching for jobs out west. That said it ends up being 10lbs of s*** in a 5lb bag, but you gotta do what the CARB man says you gotta do.

You can swap and Smog an LS in California. It's a royal PITA but you can do it. For the cost of a Slee 4.7 swap you can probably swap the E-Rod motor which comes with all the stuff you need to be CA Compliant. I looked into this when searching for jobs out west. That said it ends up being 10lbs of s*** in a 5lb bag, but you gotta do what the CARB man says you gotta do.
When was the last time the E rod was available ?

The problem is where the power comes in, in a 4x4 you want the power down low in the RPM range
The old saying there’s no substitution for cubic inches 😆😉
I like how nobody understood the intentional butchering of the idiom. I like this version better

From consensus gathered while wading through this (engine/V8/swap), if you're ponying up for a 2UZ just go all out and convert to all-electric, or hybrid (better of the two imo) and make the kit for sale.

Or go diesel.

I don't pretend to be a CA swap expert but I was told that there was a recent change in the rules that do not allow you to use a 6.2L in a vehicle that is not in the same class.
This is correct

The 2UZ swap will be my "ten year project" I'm going to track down a 3Fe if I can as I piece the swap together. I'm in the process of convincing my wife we need two rigs so I can hang on to my YJ. I'm losing the battle but the war is not yet lost!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom