FJ80 with a 3.4L supercharger Possible (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!!!! I am new to the Land Cruiser world. I'm trading in my Jeep YJ for a 92 land cruiser for a better ride and space. The land Cruiser has a blown motor and I have been searching the internet on different swap options. I have a donor T100 with a 3.4l supercharged motor and i am having a hell of a time finding any info to preform the swap as the 4.0 and 4.5 are hard to find these days in my area.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find this swap info?

is it possible to swap in a 3.4l supercharged into a 92 FJ80?

The 80 is a heavy pig. The 3.4 v6 has close to the same power but higher up in the RPM range.
Most people want more power if going through the trouble to do a motor swap

Think LS swap.

Turbo the 3.4L and ditch the supercharger. If you really want to do this, then the tiny bit of power and the pinging that the supercharger brings will not make it worth it. Here’s the dyno sheet for my friends turbod 3.4.

060C73E2-F962-4930-B490-2BDC85BFAB0A.jpeg

The problem is where the power comes in, in a 4x4 you want the power down low in the RPM range
The old saying there’s no substitution for cubic inches 😆😉

Sell the t100 and do an LS or Cummins swap

The problem is where the power comes in, in a 4x4 you want the power down low in the RPM range
The old saying there’s no replacement for displacement. 😆😉
Fixed it for you 😉

Last edited:
A 3.4 is a fun little motor. The 4.5 has nearly half again the displacement (obvious, I know) and super/turbo charged or not, a 3.4 in an '80 is gonna suck. It might not look too bad on paper, but after a day on the trail, or on hilly roads for that matter you will be tired of winding that little V6 out to find those numbers the ryno brags about.. I've run with guys who have supercharged 3.4s in their trucks. They gotta hard work to hang the lame old tired and worn out old school straight sixs on our trails. Wouldn't trade powerplants with them for anything.

The reason there is no info to be found about swapping a Toyota V6 in place of the FZ... it is not done.

Mark...

A 3.4 is a fun little motor. The 4.5 has nearly half again the displacement (obvious, I know) and super/turbo charged or not, a 3.4 in an '80 is gonna suck. It might not look too bad on paper, but after a day on the trail, or on hilly roads for that matter you will be tired of winding that little V6 out to find those numbers the ryno brags about.. I've run with guys who have supercharged 3.4s in their trucks. They gotta hard work to hang the lame old tired and worn out old school straight sixs on our trails. Wouldn't trade powerplants with them for anything.

The reason there is no info to be found about swapping a Toyota V6 in place of the FZ... it is not done.

Mark...
A turbo 1fz and a turbo 3.4L make peak torque at the same rpm. And I’m with you, supercharged 3.4s are objectively bad

D1CC510A-D84B-4220-A70E-FB999CE70D2B.jpeg

After chatting with the guys at North West Toys I’m going to start piecing together a 2UZ 4.7 V8 swap.
Harder and more costly then a LS swap, but I like it better keep it all Toyota !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom