fj80 high steer anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i've been working on a new knuckle and high steer arm for a while and it's just going into production. it's a new casting of the knuckle with a large top area to accept a beefy high steer arm and the entire knuckle is thicker and stronger. the abs sensor boss will be relocated so you guys with street legal requirements wont have to worry. these are being made in america at one of the best foundries around. most of the kits will probably go under a buggy or truck/ 4runner, but i want to be able to serve the entire fj80 community. the arms will also have 2 holes per side in case any rhd guys want them too. the only thing i haven't figured out yet is what to do about fj80 panhard bars getting in the way. it shouldn't be that big of deal for the average fabricator to figure out, but eventually i'll try to come out with a bolt on solution. so what do you say? are you ready for the next big thing in the 80's market?

i suppos your going to want 1100 per side too right?:p

If this is for real, this is a great thing and will totally change the way people use 80 series front axles.

The fact that the steering arms bolt to the bottom is a major limiter in terms of lift and proper steering geometry.

One thing I would ask for is a 6 stud top mount like the "6 shooters".

Likely the mini-truck crowd will be all over this for high pinion swaps.

Pictures definitely needed.

Interested

If it moves everything in front of the axle, is bolt-on, and keeps the ABS sensor operational, I'll buy one.

Chris

They are pretty easy to make, this is mine and I made it out of about $100 in materials. Obviously it is right hand drive but essentially it is identical to what you would need.

DSCF6349.jpg

DSCF6350.jpg

I need something that moves everything up front, so it will make linking the front a lot easier.

Chris

Do you have any test results to show it is stronger?
not at the moment, but when you look at the new knuckle next to a stocker, you might just believe me.:)
i suppos your going to want 1100 per side too right?:p
i wish money were that easy to get. i'm careful about how i spend my money, and i'm sure my customers will be the same way. these will sell for less profit than all the suggestions i've gotten.
All that and no pics? :confused:
sorry, no pics for a while. i wasn't trying to be a tease, just trying to get a feel for who likes the idea.

If it moves everything in front of the axle, is bolt-on, and keeps the ABS sensor operational, I'll buy one.

Chris
you're in luck.:cool:

This would really be cool. Any pics? Price point? I assume those exist if you say this is going into production.
i have pics and a target price, but until i have the first batch done and tested i don't want to release that. sorry.

thanks for the responses guys. don't hesitate to ask any more questions. i'm sure the knuckles and arms will speak for themselves once you see them.

-billy

So are you making new arms as well, or trying to fit mini truck arms (existing arms available) onto the knuckle?

i'm making new arms that are much bigger and stronger than mini truck arms, and the bolt pattern will be much stronger. these are designed to take the abuse of koh competitors. i have 3 competitors lined up for these already.:)

I am interested in watching this progress.

Keep us updated !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom