FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah, trying to get to warmer temps a soon as possible and then we're going to tour around a bit. Here is a list in no particular order of the place we as a group would like to see - won't hit them all but will hit some:

Sand Hollow
Zion
Bryce Canyon
Grand Canyon
Monument Valley
White Sands
Roswell
Albequrque
Caddilac Ranch
Texas Rangers Baseball Game
Spacex Launch site
Denver highways
Devils Tower
Mount Rushmore
South Dakota BadLands
Deadwood
trinity site open for tour april 6
Yuma
White Sands
meteor crater
cayote buttes 'The wave'
cliff dwellings
four corners

yeah, trying to get to warmer temps a soon as possible and then we're going to tour around a bit. Here is a list in no particular order of the place we as a group would like to see - won't hit them all but will hit some:

White Sands
Roswell
Albequrque
trinity site open for tour april 6
White Sands
cayote buttes 'The wave'
cliff dwellings
four corners
On the way through New Mexico, between the Four Corners and Albuquerque, stop by my neck of the woods. Valles Caldera National Preserve (definitely worth seeing) and Bandelier National Monument (cliff dwellings and great backcountry scenery). From Cuba, NM on US 550 head east on NM 126 to La Cueva, then left on NM 4 towards Los Alamos. You'll go right through the Valles Caldera and Bandelier. Take NM 4 past Bandelier to NM 502 east of Los Alamos, then east on NM 502 to US 84/285, then south to Santa Fe and points beyond.

Photos:

NM 126
Valles Caldera
Bandelier - backcountry
Bandelier - Frijoles Canyon
Santa Fe Plaza (photo courtesy @POTATO LAUNCHER)

NM 126.jpeg

Valles Caldera.jpeg

Congested Area.jpeg

Frijoles-Canyon-FJ60.jpg

Santa Fe.jpeg

You bet - I will be sure to try and steer the group that way. As might be evident by those waypoints above, our exact itinerary is flexible and will blow the way of least resistance.

I handed the 5th or 6th iteration of the baton off to @KennyBob at Lonestar LandCruiser Roundup a week ago. It is currently in his possession waiting the next hand off in the San Antonio/ Austin Texas area.
Let's keep this going with the intent for folks to get out and drive their 40s.
The original briefcase should be loaded with cool items and fun stories.

For my old eyes to find it I need something like this:

View attachment 3591738
I've got this one... here in the Phoenix metro area. Happy to meet up by 40 with anyone. I've had two meetups between here in CA fall through... happy to get it passed on and moving again.

I'd love to pass that one off if it gets close, the one that started it all. We met and passed off the red toolbox in Washington State a few years back and it headed east in a Troopy.

I've got this one... here in the Phoenix metro area. Happy to meet up by 40 with anyone. I've had two meetups between here in CA fall through... happy to get it passed on and moving again.
I cant remember, is there a journal in it?

If not, there's always this:

And this:

There is...

IMG_5109.jpeg

And prior to my entry it had last been signed in 2018... and I signed in 2021... to my great shame it's been with me for almost three years. It needs to move on. Perhaps I should start a Travelogue Part Thrice and spur this into gear...

IMG_5108.jpeg

Yes, you do bring great shame to both your name and those of your offspring.
However, you can also bring great honour to your house for generations to come by relighting the signal fires and seeking riders to chase the setting sun west.

Last edited:
No need to start another just get this going again on the same thread. Please

There is...

View attachment 3593741

And prior to my entry it had last been signed in 2018... and I signed in 2021... to my great shame it's been with me for almost three years. It needs to move on. Perhaps I should start a Travelogue Part Thrice and spur this into gear...

View attachment 3593742
Those are great memories for me and many others! Send a pic of the briefcase sitting on your couch at least! No seriously, where you at, you could’ve brought it to Solid Axle Summit to pass off Like we did in 2018. Get out and make some memories! That’s all we get to keep when it’s all said and done!
1711735616836.png

Let's get the original briefcase to the PNW, I'll help

When do you expect to get to the Northeast?

Those are great memories for me and many others! Send a pic of the briefcase sitting on your couch at least! No seriously, where you at, you could’ve brought it to Solid Axle Summit to pass off Like we did in 2018. Get out and make some memories! That’s all we get to keep when it’s all said and done!View attachment 3594106
About half way to Solid Axle Summit last year I thought to myself "You should have brought the briefcase!!!!"

You up for a meetup somewhere in NE AZ/NW NM?

Let's get the original briefcase to the PNW, I'll help

It'd be cool to work it to the PNW and then across the northern half of the country back to NE... if we could get it back to @hecrod that would be cool. Maybe have it mailed to the museum at that point.

Just found this thread. If one could be at SAS, I could take it and check off the Bad Lands of South Dakota, etc. I'm good for East side of Rocky Mountains, Some NE sites too - Carginge etc. Willing to take it to MN, IA, MO and hand off.

Know some 40's here in Neb would also take it for some legs.

Happy to move it around the country now that I am thinking about it. Thinking of attending the pilgrimage event in Vermont in Oct then drive down to North Carolina with the rig - realize the intent is to get 40’s going so not trying to make it a one person show. Just I got time and the desire to drive slow

About half way to Solid Axle Summit last year I thought to myself "You should have brought the briefcase!!!!"

You up for a meetup somewhere
I am checking my schedule and talking to @Mesa Woman about hers as well so she can join in on this possible rendezvous. I do need to get my shorty forty out, it’s been over a year! Then we could take it up to SAS8 for a handoff! Maybe late April or mid may?

"Thinking of attending the pilgrimage event in Vermont in Oct"

Yankee Toys has their Fall Gathering the following weekend. The event is in NH.

This year the event will start on October 10 to Sunday morning October 13, 2024.

Check the clubhouse section for when registration will be open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom