February Trail Ride (Valentines Run) Feb 21st (1 Viewer)

Are you interested and what weekend?

• Yes, weekend of Feb 7-9

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, weekend of Feb 13-15

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, weekend of Feb 20-22

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No, who do you think you are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is anyone staying at the village inn Friday night?

We plan to arrive Friday morning to visit the daughter on campus.
Will plan to stop by the Forest Service office in town.

Those who will be in early, some local shops are the Rockingham COOP Harrisonburg / Ace Hardware as the place to go for gear and supplies; The Dayton Market (amazing local goods and foods - subs, pretzels, jerky, etc.); Smilies Ice Cream (& Creamery Next door).

Will there be a Radio Channel to monitor while in town?

I plan to meet you guys Saturday morning at 9am. I’ll have a wife and two kids though so if I’m not there by 9 please head out and I’ll catch you.
I will have the wife and kids too. Still deciding on a Friday or Saturday arrival.

Those who will be in early, some local shops are the Rockingham COOP Harrisonburg / Ace Hardware as the place to go for gear and supplies; The Dayton Market (amazing local goods and foods - subs, pretzels, jerky, etc.); Smilies Ice Cream (& Creamery Next door).

Don't forget Strite's Donuts!!

@afgman786 Put me down as confirmed as well. I'll bring some camping gear, but probably will make it a day trip as well leaving Alexandria early that morning. If anyone wants to carpool we can meet up in Manasass or something.

Replying to myself to note that plan has changed. Camping at Hone Quarry Friday ($5/site, primitive), 20 min from Village Inn/Hburg. Stayed there for a couple of Flagpole trips past. Good spot.

@afgman786 - suggest making this a standard for CLCC runs:

COMMS:
CLCC GMRS channel 3 (for out of the box Midland/Cobra Type radios, that would be ch16 w/ DCS Privacy Code 68

@afgman786 - suggest making this a standard for CLCC runs:

COMMS:
CLCC GMRS channel 3 (for out of the box Midland/Cobra Type radios, that would be ch16 w/ DCS Privacy Code 68

I'll add that to the first post :cheers:

Good Morning Everyone, I won't be able to make it. Thanks for setting this up, I hope everyone has a good time!

So is the count on the first page accurate? How many people we talking?

So, for those of us rolling in Saturday AM (still may come in late Friday night, but not likely) and who will likely miss the 0900 targeted departure time from the Village Inn, do you have an identified airdown/ rally point at the Union Springs trail head? GPS coords or even a pin on a google map would probably be sufficient. My thinking is that airing down and talking/introductions will afford others to catch up with the group at the trail head.

Dropped pin
Near Ashby, VA 22821

this pin is where union springs road crosses the creek. That’s probably where everyone will stop to air down if not sooner. I like to air down as soon as the road turns gravel because my 80 is a rattle trap, but others with more sophisticated vehicles probably won’t mind it.

So, for those of us rolling in Saturday AM (still may come in late Friday night, but not likely) and who will likely miss the 0900 targeted departure time from the Village Inn, do you have an identified airdown/ rally point at the Union Springs trail head? GPS coords or even a pin on a google map would probably be sufficient. My thinking is that airing down and talking/introductions will afford others to catch up with the group at the trail head.

Added what @BlueCruiser84 mentioned as an air down location to 1st post. Thanks!
Also to your other question, yes all without a question mark are ones that have mentioned they will be there. So the ride will be about 10 rigs long.

I wish that I could be there but my wife has the flu so I need to stay home for this one. Thanks for organizing the ride!

I wish that I could be there but my wife has the flu so I need to stay home for this one. Thanks for organizing the ride!
Sounds like you need to leave the house to avoid catching it yourself.

Sounds like you need to join the group to ensure spreading it while it's still undetectable that you have it, too.

***I couldn't decide which of those thoughts was more appropriate.
1f637.png
1f48a.png
1f489.png
1f92e.png
1f912.png

Sounds like you need to join the group to ensure spreading it while it's still undetectable that you have it, too.

1f637.png
1f48a.png
1f489.png
1f92e.png
1f912.png

Its been almost a week since it started and I'm still not sick (knock on wood) but she probably has bronchitis now since she can barely breathe and is coughing constantly. Also I pulled basically the entire interior of my other car out a while ago to build a sub box attached to the rear deck and run a backup camera among some other things so its totally undriveable for the time being 😬. As much as I'd love to go, I should probably work on finishing my car and finish my basement renovation that I started 2 months ago. I'm almost done except for framing a few doors, trim, and painting.

1f637.png
1f48a.png
1f489.png
1f92e.png
1f912.png
Looks like they gave you your privileges of emojis back

95%sure I'm in just need to tie up a few loose ends. If im not at the village inn by 9 then ride on
I posted a pindrop provided by BlueCruiser for where we will be airing down. So if you won't be at Village Inn by 9 meet at the pindrop on the first post

Dropped pin
Near Ashby, VA 22821

this pin is where union springs road crosses the creek. That’s probably where everyone will stop to air down if not sooner. I like to air down as soon as the road turns gravel because my 80 is a rattle trap, but others with more sophisticated vehicles probably won’t mind it.

Perfect! We will, hopefully, see the group at the air down rally point. If not, we'll catch up. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom