February Trail Ride (Valentines Run) Feb 21st (3 Viewers)

Are you interested and what weekend?

• Yes, weekend of Feb 7-9

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, weekend of Feb 13-15

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, weekend of Feb 20-22

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No, who do you think you are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afgman786

SILVER Star
Threads
Posting up to see if anyone would be interested in doing a run in February like we did this past V-day weekend. I was thinking same set up? Run Flagpole Knob people can camp or do the same hotel as 2019's run. The below link is for the past run.

Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes or out of line for posting up without getting approval at a meeting. Won't be at the holiday party and figured we only have a month left to plan it.

Confirmed:
@BCM
@L8Shift
@DominicanFZJ80
@wolvesSpareFrly
@Novaphotog
@1MOA :steer:
@BlueCruiser84
@Stumpalama
@Tikicruiser ?
@captainva ?
@davidp14 ?
@lacefro ?

Lodging:
The Village Inn
4979 S. VALLEY PIKE, HARRISONBURG, VA 22801
RESERVATIONS: (540) 434-7355

Call and make reservations or go online. They will take a credit card but not charge until you check in, so you can pay however you would like.

Trail Ride:
Be ready to roll out at 0900 Saturday morning Feb 22nd. Go from Union Springs > Flagpole Knob > Switzerdam

Plan is to head to Union Springs from The Village Inn to start the trail ride. Be ready to leave the parking lot by 0900! Should be a good time. plan on stopping for lunch at flagpole Knob then finishing the trail ride.

COMMS:
CLCC channel 3 (for out of the box Midland/Cobra Type radios, that would be ch16 w/ DCS Privacy Code 68

Trail head:
If you won't be at The Village Inn parking lot by 0900, here is the staging point for where we will air down.
Dropped pin
Near Ashby, VA 22821

Trail Map:
1581438949550.png

Last edited:
Bringing this back to the top. Let's make this happen! Could be a fun time

Well I voted for the 20th, but I might not be able to go at all. It will be a fun time though, especially if you are stock or close to stock. It’s not too challenging if you have a fully built rig, but a nice trail with some great views.

February isn't going to work too well for me...but if it opens up, I will be there. Hope for snow!

The 8th I am in chainsaw recert class in Edinburg, anyone else planning on doing that?

I will be there. Recert goes quickly.

The more I have thought about it 20-22 is best case for me.

Wait, I need a certificate to operate my chainsaw now? What is the world coming to.
If you want to cut wood to take off of USFS lands yes. If you want to use a saw to help with trail maintenance then yes to that too.

It’s actually a really good class on safety,techniques and field craft.
I highly recommend the class. I cut with chainsaws for over 20 years and I learned a lot from it.
As a bonus when you get your sawyers license you can then take wood for personal use off their lands.

62377C4B-4D1A-4600-B6A6-4C771F821F7A.jpeg

1382B31B-35E4-4EF7-8846-6924D9E8633C.jpeg

4C933C8F-913F-4177-B8C9-768308026C45.jpeg

I was under the impression that if you want to be covered under the agreement between the usfs and the partner organization to help clear a trail, you need to be certified. If you want to just cut firewood and have a permit, you don’t need to be certified.

In any case, I would encourage everyone to take this class as it is done really well and everyone will learn something.

If you want to cut wood to take off of USFS lands yes. If you want to use a saw to help with trail maintenance then yes to that too.

It’s actually a really good class on safety,techniques and field craft.
I highly recommend the class. I cut with chainsaws for over 20 years and I learned a lot from it.
As a bonus when you get your sawyers license you can then take wood for personal use off their lands.

Cool; make sense.

The 20th works best for me. I need to do few maintenance things before I go offroading again

Had a good time last year. I would certainly consider doing it again. The last three weekends in Feb are all open at this point.

For those interested this trail ride will be the weekend of Feb 21-23. Trail ride being the 22nd.

Please respond to this thread of who all is going. I will update the first post to reflect who is in!

Also I will post more information from the old thread of the hotel if anyone is interested in getting a room there and where meet up will he for those driving down the day of.

Posting up to see if anyone would be interested in doing a run in February like we did this past V-day weekend. I was thinking same set up? Run Flagpole Knob people can camp or do the same hotel as 2019's run. The below link is for the past run.

Hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes or out of line for posting up without getting approval at a meeting. Won't be at the holiday party and figured we only have a month left to plan it.

Confirmed:
@Boomstick
@Tikicruiser ?
@captainva ?
@BlueCruiser84 ?

Lodging:
The Village Inn
4979 S. VALLEY PIKE, HARRISONBURG, VA 22801
RESERVATIONS: (540) 434-7355

Call and make reservations or go online. They will take a credit card but not charge until you check in, so you can pay however you would like.

Trail Ride:
Be ready to roll out at 0900 Saturday morning Feb 22nd. Go from Union Springs > Flagpole Knob > Switzerdam
(More trail info and details to come)

I'm still a maybe. Wife is trying to get a new job (she currently works a lot of weekends) and I will just have been gone for 10 days for work which means usually my wife isnt excited for me to leave again. My plan is to head out for the day and meet you guys, run the trail, and head home. We'll see what happens.

I'm still a maybe. Wife is trying to get a new job (she currently works a lot of weekends) and I will just have been gone for 10 days for work which means usually my wife isnt excited for me to leave again. My plan is to head out for the day and meet you guys, run the trail, and head home. We'll see what happens.

Unless the wife isn't into wheeling, its family friendly. Last year a few people brought their family along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom