February Trail Ride (Valentines Run) Feb 21st (3 Viewers)

Are you interested and what weekend?

• Yes, weekend of Feb 7-9

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, weekend of Feb 13-15

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, weekend of Feb 20-22

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No, who do you think you are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She and I both have more fun if she doesn’t go wheeling with me and the kids. Our kids are not at a fun age to bounce around in a car with all day. Who knows though? It’s a new year after all!

I learned today that I may be traveling for work and would not get back until afternoon/evening of the 22nd. *sigh* ... so much for my first trail ride with the club. This is the second missed event for me.

I learned today that I may be traveling for work and would not get back until afternoon/evening of the 22nd. *sigh* ... so much for my first trail ride with the club. This is the second missed event for me.

You should've let them know you had something important going on the 22nd...

You should've let them know you had something important going on the 22nd...
I would have... buuuuut... its something I have been asking and waiting for the opportunity to do. My company grabs a group of veterans, provides transition coaching, resume writing courses, and career counseling to help them get on their feet. We put them up in our Texas hotel/conference center for four days, run mock interviews, provide professional head shots, help them understand how to turn their leadership into an asset in the business world, and give them access to veterans who have been where they are and found a path through. I am headed there as one of the lead coaches/counselors.

As much as I want to ride with you guys, I want to be there for young veterans and maybe get their lives on track. I personally struggled and found myself homeless and in a dark place after I got out, until some fellow veterans picked me up again and reinserted my fighting spirit. I can never pay it forward enough... and so I must go.

I will, eventually, make it on a trip.

Hey folks! Do you guys cap the number of rigs for your rides?
Asking, as we have a small and growing club down here in Richmond that is always looking to get out and explore. I don't want to crowd the party by sharing within the club however. Figured I'd ask first.

I would have... buuuuut... its something I have been asking and waiting for the opportunity to do. My company grabs a group of veterans, provides transition coaching, resume writing courses, and career counseling to help them get on their feet. We put them up in our Texas hotel/conference center for four days, run mock interviews, provide professional head shots, help them understand how to turn their leadership into an asset in the business world, and give them access to veterans who have been where they are and found a path through. I am headed there as one of the lead coaches/counselors.

As much as I want to ride with you guys, I want to be there for young veterans and maybe get their lives on track. I personally struggled and found myself homeless and in a dark place after I got out, until some fellow veterans picked me up again and reinserted my fighting spirit. I can never pay it forward enough... and so I must go.

Right on man! I was just kidding about telling em you were busy. I remember you had mentioned you did something important work wise and figured that your trip was way more important than a rail ride.

Hey folks! Do you guys cap the number of rigs for your rides?
Asking, as we have a small and growing club down here in Richmond that is always looking to get out and explore. I don't want to crowd the party by sharing within the club however. Figured I'd ask first.

With the number of people confirmed low right now, nothing wrong with adding a few more.

If you know of any young veterans that would like a job cleaning kitchen duct work at Quantico MCB that can get on base hit me up.

Was lurking but looking forward to it. But looks like I get to spend my Saturday afternoon at a dance recital.:frown:
(No, not mine! 😁)

Could be sweet. Checking my commitments and hoping to be there. Will confirm when I know one way or the other. Probably drive up Saturday morning and meet in the Village Inn parking lot (assuming that's where you're all starting from?)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom