February Trail Ride (Valentines Run) Feb 21st (2 Viewers)

Are you interested and what weekend?

• Yes, weekend of Feb 7-9

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, weekend of Feb 13-15

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, weekend of Feb 20-22

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No, who do you think you are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could be sweet. Checking my commitments and hoping to be there. Will confirm when I know one way or the other. Probably drive up Saturday morning and meet in the Village Inn parking lot (assuming that's where you're all starting from?)...

I will be posting more info next week. You are correct with meetup being the parking lot of Village Inn. I need to post more trail info and all in the original thread...

@Novaphotog @mdcoa here ya guys go. The attached thread should start off at the pictures from last year when we did this. Not a difficult trail and stocker friendly. Wasn't sure what your wheeling experience is and didn't want to assume anything.

@Novaphotog @mdcoa here ya guys go. The attached thread should start off at the pictures from last year when we did this. Not a difficult trail and stocker friendly. Wasn't sure what your wheeling experience is and didn't want to assume anything.

Awesome. Thanks man!

As for experience, I've been going to GWNF & Flag Pole 4+ years now to wheel. Know the trail well and have led runs. Can definitely assist in that way, but it's usually because I'm the camera car haha.

IMG_8243.JPG

All with Ol Bae, but the LC has done it. The ONE trip my friend took it on while he had it! It might be a push to get her ready for this trip though we shall see :(

IMG_8213.JPG

Awesome. Thanks man!

As for experience, I've been going to GWNF & Flag Pole 4+ years now to wheel. Know the trail well and have led runs. Can definitely assist in that way, but it's usually because I'm the camera car haha.

View attachment 2204282

All with Ol Bae, but the LC has done it. The ONE trip my friend took it on while he had it! It might be a push to get her ready for this trip though we shall see :(

View attachment 2204283
so safe to say you're definitely in for the 22nd? Or need to make sure

I'm in. Will meet y'all at the Village Inn lot Saturday morning before 9:00! :)

Need to make sure. But maybe I should for old time's sake. Had some friends out there today. They met some like 10 rangers on the way out. Told them people have tearing it up and they may have to shut it down. :(

Not good. Think we should look into volunteering or a trail clean up day or something with the Park Service. Gotta show them the majority care and not let a small batch of morons ruin it.

Is there anyone attending this trail ride that can assist me with programming a BaoFeng radio to the club frequency/channel when we meet up?

At the last trial ride in Woodstock, I borrwoed @1MOA's radio and it worked great. So I picked up the same model.

Is there anyone attending this trail ride that can assist me with programming a BaoFeng radio to the club frequency/channel when we meet up?

At the last trial ride in Woodstock, I borrwoed @1MOA's radio and it worked great. So I picked up the same model.
Unless something dramatic happens with my carb tuning woes you can borrow it again.

Reactions: BCM
@BCM if you want to come north to Winchester. I can probably help you out.

I can bring the cord to program it for you Saturday morning if you're there early enough. If you don't get it done before then.

Updated the first thread with trail map and a bit more info.
Leave The Village Inn parking lot at 0900. Wheel from Union Springs - FlagPole Knob (lunch) - Switzer Dam

Let me know if you have any questions.

@afgman786 The 80 should be good to go by then. I'm in. Will bring camera gear and can be lead or 2nd in line for that (pull over at top of obstacles, etc). Need to remember to order some two-ways!

Also, in to convoy with folks from NoVA. Maybe meet at the Mcdonalds in Manassas by 66 at like 0645?

Last edited:
@afgman786 The 80 should be good to go by then. I'm in. Will bring camera gear and can be lead or 2nd in line for that (pull over at top of obstacles, etc). Need to remember to order some two-ways!

Also, in to convoy with folks from NoVA. Maybe meet at the Mcdonalds in Manassas by 66 at like 0645?

Assuming nothing comes up, I’m in to convoy from Manassas.

I may have missed it, but are we going to be on GMRS, CB, or HAM? I have the first two, but not the last.

Assuming nothing comes up, I’m in to convoy from Manassas.

I may have missed it, but are we going to be on GMRS, CB, or HAM? I have the first two, but not the last.

Cool. And I figure GMRS since it's most accessible for folks, but idk...I'll eventually swap CB from 4runner and would have to take cert for HAM.

@Novaphotog and @Txcoast if you have a GMRS it works with a couple of our club channels. Most people have HAM in the club. I've got 1 extra HAM radio with me. Will also have the frequency sheet that will mention with GMRS channel it is that you need to use.

Also I got a room at The Village Inn since it's pretty cheap instead of waking up super early Saturday. Maybe some others could convoy with yal?

I would like to join on this trail ride but my front passenger side is still making funny wobbly shimmy noises over potholes and kind of vibrates when idling. Anyone with experience with IFS have time to look it over with me this weekend? Im thinking of heading to a do it yourself shop on base or if someone has somewhere we can jack it up that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom