Factory Soft Top Height Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,
I have a 79 FJ40 that I am interested in putting a factory style soft top and bow kit on very soon. My only concern is the height of my FJ and clearance through my garage door, as right now with a bikini top it is close already. Can you tell me with the factory soft top hardware and bows installed roughly how high above the roll bar do these bows go? Or how high are they from the top edge of the rear body tub? I could measure from there as well.

Thank you in advance

I have a 2.5 inch OME lift, 33-ish inch tires & a factory soft... it's close but fits under a standard garage door opening.

With 33's mine is very close ... I use a stick to push up the garage door the extra amount to get it in... but... kids stuff is in there

I only go in with it when it's a late night cold work on cruiser day lol

My truck is normally outside 24/7

With 33's mine is very close ... I use a stick to push up the garage door the extra amount to get it in... but... kids stuff is in there

I only go in with it when it's a late night cold work on cruiser day lol

My truck is normally outside 24/7
I have 33's as well, not certain on the lift, it's the Cruiser pictured here on the left as my avatar.

I have 33's as well, not certain on the lift, it's the Cruiser pictured here on the left as my avatar.
What is the height of your garage door opening? My 40 is set up like yours and barely makes it under my door opening with the bikini top on. 33" at's with 2.5 ome lift
I've shy'ed away from a factory type soft top thinking there was no way it was gonna fit in my single car garage. Sounds like it might be doable. My garage door is 81.5 " 82" max. maybe.

I've found with a door opener they can often be adjusted to open the door a bit higher than the cables pull them... not a lot but an extra inch or two can make a big difference.

Mine with a minor lift & 33s will still clear a 7' door jam... it'd be tight but it should even fit with the roof rack.

My 78 had an OME 2.5" lift 33s and a factory soft top. I altered my fascia board at the top of the garage by taking some 1X trip piece off and redoing some Hardy board and it cleared a 7' garage door by about 1/8".

What is the height of your garage door opening? My 40 is set up like yours and barely makes it under my door opening with the bikini top on. 33" at's with 2.5 ome lift
I've shy'ed away from a factory type soft top thinking there was no way it was gonna fit in my single car garage. Sounds like it might be doable. My garage door is 81.5 " 82" max. maybe.

Without the 2.5" lift but with 33" tires and 16" rims it's total height is 78"

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom