Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same wait we had from pakistan back in the day, when that was the only option for oem style top. 😉

She will get caught up. Getting material has been an issue. But she is behind. Spring and summer cause more delays because she gets swamped.

What is the projected longevity of a soft top? Obviously, garaged, is probably the ticket, but, these tops look so slick, I'd deal with the risk.

She will get caught up. Getting material has been an issue. But she is behind. Spring and summer cause more delays because she gets swamped.
I can totally understand getting behind on production. But I have not received replies to multiple emails for several weeks. That's just not a good sign.

Me also, I ordered in February??? WTH…I’m gonna scrap my order if I can’t get an answer this week. I had heard great things but, something is not right???

Me also, I ordered in February??? WTH…I’m gonna scrap my order if I can’t get an answer this week. I had heard great things but, something is not right???
Did she get back to you?

Yeah I finally got it last Friday…I probably won’t have time this year to get it put on. Getting late in the year here in the PNW for the soft top.

PNW has about 6-7 more good weeks of weather.
90 - 120 minutes to pull the hard and install the soft would be way worth it to me...!

But good to hear the top was delivered...

Just put the hard top on here in Western WA. Felt like fall yesterday..

PNW has about 6-7 more good weeks of weather.
90 - 120 minutes to pull the hard and install the soft would be way worth it to me...!

But good to hear the top was delivered...
I live at almost 4K ft it was 38 here this morning…but thanks!

Just put the hard top on here in Western WA. Felt like fall yesterday..
I did too, but mostly because the '40 needs to go outside for a day or two. That said, it was 37* this morning.... still love my top, had it for at least 4 years and still looks and works great.

Yeah I finally got it last Friday…I probably won’t have time this year to get it put on. Getting late in the year here in the PNW for the soft top.
DSC_0003.JPG

you sure about that? I snow wheel - it's my first and foremost thing I do in my '40. Note the windows aren't iced over? the wiper still work? that's because it's toasty warm. Inside, I sprayed the floor (both sides) with Raptor Liner and on the inside (before the raptor) I sprayed it with ceramic insulation. I didn't bother putting in the second heater because it's not needed.... my experience, I've had 8 of these in pretty much every combination... the stock top is not warm, the Best top ('40 next to mine) works okay-ish but between the floor coating and the weatherproof canvas top, mine is better then the hardtop. To get an idea of how cold this picture is - those are halogen lights that aren't warm enough to melt the snow....

View attachment 2775395
you sure about that? I snow wheel - it's my first and foremost thing I do in my '40. Note the windows aren't iced over? the wiper still work? that's because it's toasty warm. Inside, I sprayed the floor (both sides) with Raptor Liner and on the inside (before the raptor) I sprayed it with ceramic insulation. I didn't bother putting in the second heater because it's not needed.... my experience, I've had 8 of these in pretty much every combination... the stock top is not warm, the Best top ('40 next to mine) works okay-ish but between the floor coating and the weatherproof canvas top, mine is better then the hardtop. To get an idea of how cold this picture is - those are halogen lights that aren't warm enough to melt the snow....

Looks fun!!! My snow days are long behind me…

Looks fun!!! My snow days are long behind me…
not calling out, just relating that the trollhole top is warmer then either the factory soft top or even the hardtop because it's better sealed and creates an insulating barrier rather then a factory top which works just like a metal radiator. It may be winter, but these tops are far more comfortable.... also less noisy.

Last edited:
View attachment 2775395

If you get your 40 near Cle Elum, lmk…I’d like to see how your top is installed.

@Trollhole is it still possible to get FJ45 LWB canopy and bows for the bed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom