Elliott's buildup: semi-resto 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I reset my u-joints so that the driveshaft is "in phase." Hopefully this will cure my clicking problem. I haven't had it out since it's been back together, I have a couple other project on my hands.

I did fix the electrical stuff in the steering column. I even posted a little writeup here, although most of you gurus probably won't need it.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/345255-high-beam-fix-writeup.html

S5001385.jpg

And I finally have cured all of the rust on my frame. The rear was slightly delaminated so I pounded out all of the rust I could see and applied a liberal amount of the rust-eating paint! Here is what my rear crossmember looked like.

S5001393.jpg

And now... it's in the trash.

S5001396.jpg

I had to grind out these 5 rivets on each framerail to make room for my new SROR bumper and tire carrier.

S5001394.jpg

S5001397.jpg

And cleaned it all up with some anti-rust treatment.

S5001399.jpg

And here is the rear bumper. Once I can find another person to pull into the garage I will mount this sucker up. I tried by myself and failed... thing is flippin' heavy!

S5001398.jpg

please clue me in on how you mounted up your stereo! Im trying to figure out how to mount mine since i got the dash torn to bits. Thanks!

X Two

nice lookin bumper E-

come on i know you can mount that up yourself! no excuses. :flipoff2:

you hit up A basin today?? Steamboat was an epic bluebird day

I rode Keystone today. I've got quite a few new tricks up my sleeve. Maybe a rodeo 5 by the end of the season?

As far as the stereo goes. There a couple of brackets inside the hole that hold on to it. Kind of hard to explain but when I rip my dash apart this week (have to replace the heater core AGAIN!) I will snap a few pics.

Kind of a long (and annoying story).

I had 2 heater cores and I took them to Gold Star Radiator, here in Denver. I wanted to get them pressure tested and/or repaired. When I returned the next day to find out the verdict, the entire shop reeked of marijuana. When the young hispanic fellow bumbled forth from the back room, his hands covered in years of grease and irreverent disservices to his patrons, he asked verbatim 'What you want, mang?' Well I tell him I came to pick up my heater cores. He pulls them out from under a shelf and gives me a blank stare. 'Well... what's the story Gorge?' He tells me one of them was very leaky and the other one was fine. After another blank stare down at the couple, he arbitrarily picks one to give me and says "Umm, it's thees one."

I put it back in and it's leaking like a sieve. Dammit.

Now I know not to use that infinitely worthless shop. I have another stock one that will be getting new tubes and o-rings. With any luck I won't have to mess with it again.

E -

I think the same guy used to work here in Van Nuys -- He moved to Denver to avoid El Popo.

Pretty easy to pressure test the core yourself, if you're not sure about the replacement. Just use about 10 psi of compressed air...

Got the bumper all mounted up. Now I just have to find some scrap 2x2 and a latch to finish the tire carrier.

S5001402.jpg

S5001401.jpg

I rode Keystone today. I've got quite a few new tricks up my sleeve. Maybe a rodeo 5 by the end of the season?

As far as the stereo goes. There a couple of brackets inside the hole that hold on to it. Kind of hard to explain but when I rip my dash apart this week (have to replace the heater core AGAIN!) I will snap a few pics.

did you use anything to fill the leftover space on the sides of the radio? and were those the stock brackets that you used? Did you just drill them and screw them into the din cage?
Sorry for all the questions, Im just pissed I cant get a clean, factory look on my stereo install. :doh:

that is epic looking!!

Bumper looks good E..

Gold Star Radiator sounds like a top notch shop.. they definitely earned their Gold Star that day.

you can change the stable but you cant change the man that owns the horse. You're gonna miss her bro.

Well, if it doesn't sell, I probably won't move. Plain and simple.

WTF???

You need to move to a place with more room, not less. Just kidding man, im sure there's plenty good reason.

I have a 1 car garage (if that) and its full or cruiser parts and Boat toys, definitely need more room.

Were you serious about the 540 rodeo? Thats petty sick riding.

E- why do you need a garage to keep the rig? you can always park her outside. its not ideal but it is a possibility.

or, just leave her at my place. I promise i wont swap any parts, and i'll never jump her more than 100 feet.

Sadly enough, she is SOLD! But I will be updating this thread with pictures of the next couple of projects I have on deck.

Front winch bumper
Rear tire carrier
Audio
Etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom