It has begun: 1985 Powerplant and Drivetrain resto mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DrRock

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello All, It’s been a while. I’ve been collecting parts, bolts, nuts, engine, transmission etc and am now on the upswing. Got the transmission and engine marriage completed today and got the lump back home in he truck. Want to say thanks to @cruiseroutfit @FJ60Cam @Cruiser Cult @TRAIL TAILOR for providing inspiration, great service and quality products to bring this project together. Now for the details:
Engine is a rebuilt 2F with Chevy small block valves. Pistons are the largest stock one’s available. Going to get it running with the carburetor then update with the Mosley sniper kit once I have everything baselined.

Transmission is an H55 from @cruiseroutfit with a resurfaced flywheel, new clutch and pressure plate.

Transfer case is stock but rebuilt by me.

That’s one big biscuit!
IMG_0532.jpeg

Now getting it in position
IMG_0534.jpeg

Finally home! Long May you run 😀

IMG_0536.jpeg

One final request, anyone know what the part number is for the trans crossmember bolts? Mine are all pretty tired due to PO abuse..

More to come!

Looks great :cool:

Which crossmember bolts are you after? From the trans mount (aka Engine Mounting Rear Insulator) or the crossmember to frame?

E3C7C92D-24C7-4EF0-A075-7BB12C1DB426.jpeg

Hello Kurt, I’m looking for the ones that attach the crossmember to the frame rails on he outboard ends of the crossmember. There are 8 total, thanks!

Should be 91651-61025 and they are super cheap @ Toyota

FA2B16E8-3365-49AF-885C-DC2D32D90A24.jpeg

If you don’t have a nearby dealer, lmk and I’ll mail you a set. We use them for a bunch of different applications.

Should be 91651-61025 and they are super cheap @ Toyota

View attachment 3589174

If you don’t have a nearby dealer, lmk and I’ll mail you a set. We use them for a bunch of different applications.
Super, thank you for the part number. I have great local dealer so no need to send out some but the offer is much appreciated. While I have you, do you have a link to the assembly diagrams? I need some other fasteners for the side PTO cover on the transfer case as well as the 6 fasteners that hold the sheet metal cover on the back of the transfer case. Also, is there a washer and/or spacer that goes between linkage arm on top of the transfer case and the transfer case?

Cheers, James

Super, thank you for the part number. I have great local dealer so no need to send out some but the offer is much appreciated. While I have you, do you have a link to the assembly diagrams? I need some other fasteners for the side PTO cover on the transfer case as well as the 6 fasteners that hold the sheet metal cover on the back of the transfer case. Also, is there a washer and/or spacer that goes between linkage arm on top of the transfer case and the transfer case?

Cheers, James

I have a whole spreadsheet with every single piece of split t-case hardware at the shop. I replaced them all on my HJ61 so we built out kits

7ADF7503-4BB3-42C0-A3F4-3CAC09C54D51.jpeg

You’re after these:

4/5 x 91651-60830 -> 90119-A0043
1/2 x (need to look what we use at the shop as the 90119-08353 & 90119-08268 are NLA)

E7A976DC-A401-4BC1-B366-8BFCFC659E2F.jpeg

6 x 91611-41020 -> 91611-61020

A4749C11-3139-4D32-97D0-5DE5F0F761BD.jpeg

Cheers, James

Forgot the linkage part, yes, there is a washer, 94612-11300

E5920F4E-1244-4F46-A8A5-BD69C7CA61E8.jpeg

Hello All, been making slow but steady progress over the pas t few weeks. As many of you know, reassembly often exposes other areas that need attention. Made the decision to just do the sniper install while I’m here and sent my dizzy off to @FJ40Jim for a recurve.

Got the oil filter and cooler bracket cleaned out and the water temp sensor installed on the block for das Sniper

IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0622.jpeg

Then moved on to cleaning the drivers side fender well, washer reservoir etc. lastly started running the sniper fuel supply.

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom