Elliott's buildup: semi-resto 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Things are slowly coming along. I went out on a trail a few weekends ago with a club up in Northern CO called Horsetooth 4 Wheelers. Good guys there in the club, had a good time, and built a little more confidence in the rig. It did really well, the biggest problem that I had was the radio came flying out over a bump, I'm not complaining if that's it.

Right now I ordered a new wiring harness for the lights, and need to install it. I am also still having Power steering fluid leaking. I am pretty sure it's coming from the main shaft out the front, hitting the belts/pulley and spewing fluid everywhere. I am pretty much set on the Saginaw conversion. I contacted OrangFJ45 on here for the brackets he is doing up for them, but still need to figure out what pump to buy, and where from.

The Tac is going wack as well, kind of a strange inconsistent problem. Sometime when I turn the key on, it is just pegged all the way out at what might be 6K or so... Then it will act normal, then just run abotu 1k above what I'm running, all sorts of crazy.

Any ideas???

I am still working on the interior, picked up some cloth, need to figure out what to do with the door panels, and locate a sewing machine...

Well, it's a sad moment for me, just like it was for Elliott. I have decided that I don't have the time to use this great rig like it should be used. I purchased it to take expeditions with, and I am so busy with work that I never have the time to take any... with the exception of the one that I was able to take up to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone a few months ago :)

I am in the process of listing this vehicle in a few places for sale including: crigslist (Denver, CO), on this forum, and Auto Trader. I might list it on EBAY if I'm feeling it but that will only be after I have tried to sell it locally.

If you know of anyone that is interested in this awesome rig, please have them contact me:

Caleb Bury
(410)474-1510
Bury83@gmail.com

Thanks, and Elliott, I will ensure that this beauty finds another great owner.

-Caleb

Does anyone know what happened to this rig? If possible, I'd actually like to buy it back.

Like trying to find an old girlfriend on facebook...

Last edited:
Welcome back Elliot!

how ya been? you a doctor yet?

Never say never. I ran across one for sale a few weeks ago that I sold 15 years ago.

nice! thats awesome to hear Elliot.

im assuming you did the easy step first and contacted caleb to see who he sold it to?

nice! thats awesome to hear Elliot.

im assuming you did the easy step first and contacted caleb to see who he sold it to?

Sorry for the late bump. I did email Caleb and he gave me some leads on the truck but I haven't been able to track it down as of yet. If I don't find it soon, I might start a rebuild on a classic Volvo 240. I'm just itching for a new project.

Whats the word Elliot?

So I got the heater core pressure tested and it was good to go. Threw a couple of new o-rings on the pipes, and started reassembling everything. I REALLY hope this thing doesn't leak, I NEVER want to mess with the heater core again.

I also threw down a couple layers of insulation in the back. I used similar stuff in the ZJ and really liked it. I got a new roll of carpet pad too, its much denser than the stock stuff so it will be nice and quiet inside.

All cleaned up

_MG_7083.jpg

Thrown down.

_MG_7084.jpg

It's starting to look like a truck again!

_MG_7089.jpg
Great work. I’ve pulled my entire rig apart but I’m not brave enough to tackle working stuff on my own.
Good luck.

Complete shot in the dark, but have any of you guys seen this 60 floating around the last few years?

This is wild that I just stumbled across this but it is 100% my truck, few owners down the line, but it her! Went from WY to AZ and then to NY when I bought it, truck is get a very thorough go through with a new heart.

How I found it, yes it is now yellow.... not my choice.

49571305192_b45c38a0ba_b.jpg

When I got it home

49845078673_5728fe2ab4_b.jpg

Proof with your custom interior

49601720386_6f31dc6725_b.jpg

Its current state!

51787558961_1c084c872f_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom