El Cochiloco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You shouldn’t flip off Jesse the cowgirl. She’s cool.

Back with a sick minor update. Flying off the momentum of last weeks victory, I decided I needed to Pimp my Ride by addressing the dangling Pertronix Coil. I went to Oh'Really's and copped this fresh as coil cover. It was a bit loose, so I had to think outside the box and lined the bracket and slick chrome coil cover with double stick adhesive tape.
Choice.
308900FE-786F-4190-87DB-42EC6F398A56.jpeg

With the coil mounted, I decided to clean up some of the wiring, but nothing too sophisticated. Although there are some choice restomods on the Mud forum, I opt for a more sloppy, grip it and rip it approach. I could have spent the last two years of acquisition polishing up the paint, but I simply don't have the patience. Besides, it's got fresh spark plug wires, so that's cool, right?
7E164A38-B825-47D3-AE31-82F298C31FF2.jpeg

Lastly, this rig is gonna be a barebones affair, meaning, that I need an idiot-friendly rig that has as little things that can break as possible. This means no Power Steering pump or emissions equipment. No power steering allows me to develop the critical forearm strength and development necessary for manliness. Often times I see guys in their 4runners and tacomas who have girly hands. The Knights of the Pig Preservation are men, after all, amiright? Secondly, I can't worry about the environment, as it is likely that the Kung Flu will take my lungs before ozone evaporates.
1C300851-AFAC-4A58-A9FC-03E2793D85AD.jpeg

Be Back Soon.

Ciao

Cuppa things I need: Driver Side Plastic Deal
52D28CAF-1F5C-4C21-B8EF-6C4098009405.jpeg

Passenger Side red lens
29CEB682-9D1C-4372-9CBD-45D7B55CFF3E.jpeg

Also, this rig is heavily inspired by my Mexican Heritage, as referenced in the name. I have real intentions of installing a Mexian Serrape as a headliner, because who am I kidding, I will never afford OEM headliner. This is a very crude install, but I hope to clean it up over time. (Side Note: also need a cuppa sun visors.)
91834B4B-147A-4E51-A6FB-50AEE271B1D7.jpeg

Cuppa things I need: Driver Side Plastic DealView attachment 2606571
Passenger Side red lens
View attachment 2606572
Also, this rig is heavily inspired by my Mexican Heritage, as referenced in the name. I have real intentions of installing a Mexian Serrape as a headliner, because who am I kidding, I will never afford OEM headliner. This is a very crude install, but I hope to clean it up over time. (Side Note: also need a cuppa sun visors.)
View attachment 2606573
That steering wheel is full on knarly :pig:

Who dat guy in da windshield 😉😏🤔😳
Back again with the meme ****ery, eh Bobby Boy?
That guy is Jesus Malverde, the patron saint of narcotrafficing in Mexico. Legend has it that Malverde would sell drugs to help the poor, much like Robin Hood, except without the questionably flamboyant attire.

Cuppa things I need: Driver Side Plastic DealView attachment 2606571
Passenger Side red lens
View attachment 2606572
View attachment 2606573
IMG_3007.jpg
IMG_3008.jpg
here is what i have. I cant remember which lens goes on passenger side, and i dont have a pig at home to check, how about some help?

Alright, what a ****ing streak for me, right? I am trying to make progress every week, no matter how small, to get this pig on the road. This week's project? Melt a bolt head to the emissions exhaust retaining nut to get that nightmare taken care of.
A37D9490-68F6-4F12-A60D-E2572976B169.jpeg

So I was racking my brain trying to figure out how I was going to leave work and head over to a muffler shop when it dawned on my a friend back home in Eloy had welder and I could possibly do it there.
My friend Kevin had a welder and said it would be cool if I could head down to ol' Cotton City to get this work in. His friend Manny was also there, and while I tried to explain to Kevin my ultimate goal, Manny was there with me, step by step, completely aware of what I wanted to do, almost like he was reading my mind. While I hacked the stupid Emissions J Tube, Manny went rummaging around for a bolt that fit perfectly on the retaining nut. The J tube was an easy hack, but that bolt was not so smooth. I started drinking good ol' Bud Light, and naturally offered Kevin one as a kind gesture of gratitude. I also offered one to Manny, but as I found out soon after, that was not his vice of choice.
Manny grew impatient with the bolt hacking and ran across to the street to hack the bolt with a sawzall. Once he came back, he kinda took charge of the project. For one, it appears that Kevin had no safety gear in terms of protective eye wear, or gloves, for the spirited job. These issues did not deter Manny, however, as he was able to yank some welder goggles from his pad and proceeded to tack the bolt head in place.
2E649A4D-CBF4-443A-9213-9B6EC554878A.jpeg

At this point it dawned on me that Manny was a connoisseur of a beautiful, yet dangerous drug, of methamphetamines. This is nothing new to, since I grew up around Eloy, where Meth is plentiful Meth justifiably has a bad rap, it's gross and disgusting and ruins families and lives and yada yada yada... But, if you can hone a skill under the influences of the wonderful crystal, you lose inhibitions and dejection and get the job done by any means necessary. Which is exactly what Manny did.
Manny apparently enjoys welding, as evidenced by his passion for taking children's go karts, fabricating longer chassis, and placing Harbor Freight motors on them to get up to a decent speed. His work is, uh, sufficient. And for all practical reasons, sufficient is adequate for me.
C70DD87F-FACF-4264-92E4-76F5B05E2CD3.jpeg

Not perfect, but nothing on this rig is. The only dimes Manny cares about are $10.00 meth shards. Beggers cant be choosers, so needless to say that I am ****ing stoked to have the exhaust nut ready for install. Talk to you real soon.

Ciao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom