Door locks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like my two door locks are messed up. I can put any key in them and they open.
Has anyone come up with a work around or replacement tumbler?

Could do the same with most Toyota door locks from the period. Screwdrivers, pocket knives work too. Probably do the same with rear window switch...

Could do the same with most Toyota door locks from the period. Screwdrivers, pocket knives work too. Probably do the same with rear window switch...

come on mr. Pig-Head :smokin: :beer: :smokin: ✨ ✨

i wonder if my upcoming announcement of a LARGE CACHE of NOS FJ55 side front door locks cylinders OEM toyota can make you smile , here on occasion ?

- you know i am one of your biggest supporters , on that while CERIAL BOX frosted flakes thermostat housing gaskets sets , you proved me wrong on while back

- i know there is a fuzzy-dice teddy bear inside that cast-iron engine block out skull-bashing you i like too ...

your trusted mud buddy

matt

come on mr. Pig-Head :smokin: :beer: :smokin: ✨ ✨

i wonder if my upcoming announcement of a LARGE CACHE of NOS FJ55 side front door locks cylinders OEM toyota can make you smile , here on occasion ?

- you know i am one of your biggest supporters , on that while CERIAL BOX frosted flakes thermostat housing gaskets sets , you proved me wrong on while back

- i know there is a fuzzy-dice teddy bear inside that cast-iron engine block out skull-bashing you i like too ...

your trusted mud buddy

matt
Oh, please, Mr. Toyota-Matt. I have no interest in NOS lock cylinders. I still have my originals, with keys that work. I never lock my doors. I don't want to have to replace windwing glass again. I usually leave the door glass down as well. If i have anything that needs locking up I put it in the Tuffy console. People have tried to get into that and failed.
I learned about the weakness of Mr. T's door locks as a teen. We had an early 70s Corolla wagon, found out that my pocket-knife blade would turn the lock. Hilarity ensued. I can use almost anything to turn my tailgate lock switch, even a nickel.
I use cereal boxes to make gaskets because my Dad did. And his Dad too. And they work. And they're cheap and easy to find. One of theses days I'm gonna mic different cereal boxes and rank them by thickness.

20231102_132350.jpg

20231102_132525.jpg

Oh, please, Mr. Toyota-Matt. I have no interest in NOS lock cylinders. I still have my originals, with keys that work. I never lock my doors. I don't want to have to replace windwing glass again. I usually leave the door glass down as well. If i have anything that needs locking up I put it in the Tuffy console. People have tried to get into that and failed.
I learned about the weakness of Mr. T's door locks as a teen. We had an early 70s Corolla wagon, found out that my pocket-knife blade would turn the lock. Hilarity ensued. I can use almost anything to turn my tailgate lock switch, even a nickel.
I use cereal boxes to make gaskets because my Dad did. And his Dad too. And they work. And they're cheap and easy to find. One of theses days I'm gonna mic different cereal boxes and rank them by thickness.

View attachment 3471368

View attachment 3471369

this was NOT a sleezy sales pitch mr. pighead ,

i have a genuine offer 4 you to consider ....?

if i simply KARMA GIFT you the worlds FIRST OEM GOLD Plated FJ55 Key Blank , un-kut ......

- will you agree to SPORT it around your neck , in plain view for exactly 7 full rotations ?

NEVER taking it off , for any reason ?

- i can KARMA GIFT to you on a OEM lanyard or in a Sealed Clear Back Stage passes clear ID holder ..

- this will a mutual trust factor topic ....

- and mr . Pighead after the 7 full rotations you will keep the worlds 1st Gold plated 90999-00027 / 90999-00026 ever to grace teq-gesus green earth ...

- i Double DOG dare you to take me up on my challenge to cement your 1967-8/80 FJ55 Legacy in such a fitting form and oem function way ....

kindly
matt

1 BANNER 69510-60010 1 - Copy - Copy.jpg

the worlds 1st Gold plated 90999-00027 / 90999-00026 ever to grace teq-gesus green earth ...
You are slipping Mr. Matt...
Can we please get five photos of said worlds first Gold plated Whatever ....

Then a video or two??

I APPROVE OF THIS CALLOUT AND HOPE IT HAPPENS!!!!

this was NOT a sleezy sales pitch mr. pighead ,
A sales pitch? From you? The thought never crossed my mind.
No one double dog dares Mr. Pighead and does not regret it...
You're saying that I can get a shiney new 55 doodad and alls I gotta do is wear it? I'll take that bet. Though I'm thinking it would make a better earring.

Also, 7 full rotations of what? Front driveshaft?
Flywheel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom