Dissent offroad 80 series modular bumper interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happy to post more pictures if anyone wants them.

Unfortunately not a ton. I have purchased an 80 so we will be installing all the finalized bumpers on that in the coming weeks. We will post what we have. Yes, the factory crossmember was awkward and the bumper was getting bulky when building around it so we ultimately decided to replace it. Unfortunately this will be a little bit of an added cost from the lc100
No worries! I’m past my return to stock phobia anyway. What are the chances of being able to do a tire carrier on one side and a ladder/flip down table/kitchen on the other? Would it be possible to also do a bike rack receiver on that? That’s the dream setup! Was drooling over the 200 you posted last week.

View attachment 1263265 View attachment 1263268
The rear does have a intagrated receiver that I have no doubts will tow 6500lbs+ without issue but like stated below the cost and liability to get tow rated is not worth it for me so it will be sold as offroad use only as is with most aftermarket parts.
The pic above shows the new crossmember that replaces the factory one.

There is still room for an aux tank on the 100 series but hav not looked hard enough to say one way or the other on the 80.

There have been several 100 series guys that run the zeon winch but the control box will need to be mounted to the top center of the bumper. The bull bar is bolt on so that can be installed as well.
I dig how it’s tied in so far in to the chassis.

No worries! I’m past my return to stock phobia anyway. What are the chances of being able to do a tire carrier on one side and a ladder/flip down table/kitchen on the other? Would it be possible to also do a bike rack receiver on that? That’s the dream setup! Was drooling over the 200 you posted last week.
Theoretical all accessories that you see on the lc100 and 200 will fit on the 80.

@Wompom … there is a fold up table included behind the tire carrier.

The swing outs have gas struts that push the swing out to the open position and hold it there. The latching mechanism is unique and pretty damn nice.

The license plate is hung under the spare tire with an LED light.

The bumper is stout and very strong. Someone hit my Jerry can holder, leaving their cars paint, but no damage at all to the bumper, swing out, or Jerry can box.

It’s getting dark, but here’s a pic of the swing up table.

02C742AB-0CC1-4C35-AF1D-C5579D914411.jpeg

A71AE4C3-4545-4CA2-BA5E-4B9338492048.jpeg

97C755B4-3FF0-4F3A-8381-6E606A7B391D.jpeg

6260A3E2-561C-4409-B800-00C0A51C304A.jpeg

68D5A291-DE61-40B1-9112-F943EB08B1A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Theoretical all accessories that you see on the lc100 and 200 will fit on the 80.
Sweet! Have you ever done a storage box/maxtraxx holder with a side oneup mount? That'd be the dream setup, though i know the rack would have to come off to open it fully.

Hey @benc is this going to be something we can order without swingouts? (may end up with them later, but I think I'd like to avoid swingouts when I start building my 80).

side note, rear cargo area spare tire mount would be rad ;)
This can be ordered without swing outs however I do not believe the spare will fit underneath with the new crossmember.

Sweet! Have you ever done a storage box/maxtraxx holder with a side oneup mount? That'd be the dream setup, though i know the rack would have to come off to open it fully.
Unfortunately we have not.

@benc would you mind providing some description around this Basic Accessory Mount w/ Secondary Hitch ReceIver?

@benc would you mind providing some description around this Basic Accessory Mount w/ Secondary Hitch ReceIver?
@clx16 … here are some pictures of the accessory swing out. Let me know if you want specific pics.

75F97579-6BB0-44DA-B4A8-E15F4E4A4D53.jpeg

A21C3F42-4F7C-44C1-B345-A27723EE08C5.jpeg

ABCE784B-0C37-46E1-97CE-10F8D0669EA2.jpeg

450F8AB8-E695-45A5-B299-84CE1F09F21F.jpeg

7A3EBEAB-7775-4268-AE7B-F57BB6D77C99.jpeg

Now it all makes sense! Thank you!

Do you have any pics with a bike rack mounted on the secondary receiver from directly behind? I see on the website it was designed for that however it looks like its offset to the right compared with the main receiver. A little concerned if that would mount my bike in the way of trees/ branches if it's placed further out from the side of the truck.

Hey there, Filip from Dissent here. Jumping in to answer your question. I've circled the part you're referring to in this photo.

The basic accessory mount is intended for folks who want to custom-make their own accessory and just want a platform to mount it to. It's essentially the Triple Jerry Can basket w/ 2" receiver (or the aluminum accessory tray) without the actual basket/tray. It does not include the swing arm itself.

basic-accessory-mount.jpg

@kem very useful description. You might have started down a road you will regret now that people will start asking about all the other options!

Thanks again!

@Wompom and @jwbc84. You guys interested in splitting shipping costs? I looked at the freight company locations that Ben uses (XPO) and the closest to me is Mount Vernon. I live near Woodinville so we could arrange pickup somehow

@benc , a little off subject here but I see you do the roof racks for the 100 and 200 series. Any chance you will offer a roof rack for the 80? I love the bumpers on this thread and would jump right in if I didn't already have the Delta.
Been watching Bowfin for what feels like months almost daily with no luck and realize the 80 design would be a little different than your 100 and 200 but with the work you guys do I would really strongly consider a roof rack if offered....

thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom