Dissent offroad 80 series modular bumper interest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nobody else in for a group buy? Should I post a separate thread?
Might be worthwhile to start a new thread? I've been emailing Ben for updates on placing an order but he has said has to many order's ahead of him right now. It would be nice to get him set up with a solid number for the first production run.

Nobody else in for a group buy? Should I post a separate thread?
A separate post is a good idea. This group buy is so buried in this thread, many will not find it. Good call.

Feel free to use any of my pics if you want.

Last edited:
Might be worthwhile to start a new thread? I've been emailing Ben for updates on placing an order but he has said has to many order's ahead of him right now. It would be nice to get him set up with a solid number for the first production run.

A separate post is a good idea. This group buy is so buried in this thread, many will not find it. Good call.

Feel free to use any of my pics if you want.
Which forum should I post that in?

Hey @Road Apple do you know what the total weight of the front bumper ended up being?
I don’t have a specific number, but I’ll ask. I remember Ben saying it should be about 95 pounds.

That seems light for a front bumper yes?
Well designed combo of a steel main structure and aluminum wings. It's a great combo for those of us that don't plan to repeatedly bash our rigs into things. This has been one of my major draws to Ben's design as it is a great compromise between weight and function.

I agree it’s light. He said the steel bumper is a little heavier than the aluminum bumper. Not a big difference. Since I’ll be crawling as fair amount, I was somewhat concerned about durability, but Ben put my mind at ease saying the bumpers will be plenty strong. He also said we will not need addition frame mounted recovery points and that bumper can handle recovery loads on its own.

I agree it’s light. He said the steel bumper is a little heavier than the aluminum bumper. Not a big difference. Since I’ll be crawling as fair amount, I was somewhat concerned about durability, but Ben put my mind at ease saying the bumpers will be plenty strong. He also said we will not need addition frame mounted recovery points and that bumper can handle recovery loads on its own.
Once your rig is complete maybe you can run it through Johnson Valley a few runs to see what kind of damage these bumpers can handle!!!

Once your rig is complete maybe you can run it through Johnson Valley a few runs to see what kind of damage these bumpers can handle!!!
Hahaha ... No plans for Johnson Valley this year, but I’d like to get out to KOH next year. I’m signed up for the Wagon Run at Rubithon this June. I’ll be beating on the bumper in the Sierras a bunch this summer. Going to Solid Axle Summit for a more relaxed family adventure. Will give a trail report along the way.

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking for my build.....great that no additional recovery points are needed, keeps the clean look intact

Been shopping for bumpers hard the last few weeks ready to pull the trigger.. Can’t believe I never new Dissent was just up the road. I’m in Sac, def giving him a call tomorrow, would love to drop my rig off as another test truck for fitment + R&D .. any recent updates on a rear bumper?

Ben and the Dissent Offroad crew knocked out the rear bumper over the last couple weeks. Laser scan of the truck, CAD design, laser table cutting, fabrication, and powder coating. The design work took the majority of the time. Ben’s team re-designed a new rear crossmember, which was significantly different than the 100 series. The trucks 1” body lift provided addition challenges.

With a 37” spare, the tire carrier needed additional strength to prevent movement. The side quarter panel protection was not included in the design, but added at my request. Also, the combo lights on the bumper are not standard equipment, but were added for safety since the 37” spare and triple Jerry can box somewhat block the tail lights.

I’m impressed with the quality, design, and toughness of the bumper. Dissent build this with rocky difficult trails in mind. No aftermarket recovery points are required for either the front or rear bumper. Test driving will wait for gear install next week.

3AB8B7A0-5483-49C1-92D1-1AC822086E30.jpeg

66E0A877-9DEA-476A-B816-43A45CADCD16.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s some pics of the front and side.

F5FD8282-5C32-4EF9-8A38-B9BA8C5EEDC8.jpeg

46A03DD7-6B37-4522-B21A-A4AB3BBA8907.jpeg

Last edited:
Getting way ahead of you guys I'm sure, but I'll ask anyway. Any idea when they might be available?
Since my truck has a 1” body lift, Dissent will likely need another 80 series in the shop to make design adjustments. They are extremely busy with 100 and 200 series orders, so 80 series bumpers may be on the back burner for a bit. Ben took on this build with the agreement that work on the 80 would happen when they had time between other builds, so it took much longer than normal. Months instead of weeks. Dissent is in the process of expanding, hiring, and buying new equipment, which is taking time to develop as well.

Since my truck has a 1” body lift, Dissent will likely need another 80 series in the shop to make design adjustments. They are extremely busy with 100 and 200 series orders, so 80 series bumpers may be on the back burner for a bit. Ben took on this build with the agreement that work on the 80 would happen when they had time between other builds, so it took much longer than normal. Months instead of weeks. Dissent is in the process of expanding, hiring, and buying new equipment, which is taking time to develop as well.

That's completely understandable, thanks!

Always good to hear of businesses growing, especially when they don't ignore our 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom