Dissappointed with my new Skyjacker leaf springs! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After waiting for almost two months for my 4 in. lift leaf springs to arrive (the penalty of being an international buyer!) .. I'm so disappointed when I start to test fit these springs! .. look at the difference between the front two springs (measured from center to center) :

IMG_20210713_204505.jpg

IMG_20210713_204446_01.jpg

I can order one leaf from Summit Racing, but honestly I lost faith on Skyjackers already, I wish I went with OME springs from day 1!

Last edited:
Fronts are longer than rears. L40FS is front, L40RS is rear.

Fronts are longer than rears. L40FS is front, L40RS is rear.
If you look closely at the label of both measured springs, you'll see clearly that they have the exact part number, so they both should be on the front. except for the idiot guy who mislabeled one of them and caused me all the hassle.

And by the way, they rears both measured at 40.5 in center to center.

Use the difference to adjust cruiser lean. Ome springs are intentionally different. Measure along the length of the spring. I bet they are the same one just has a little more arch. On lhd rigs the driver front is usually low (passenger rear is high). Put the ‘shorter' more arch spring on your low side.

/this\

Since the engine is offset to the left side, I would put the higher arched spring on that side.

Whether or not Skyjacker intended it that way( and chances are they did not) When life hands you lemons…

I remember when @Downey was importing springs and dealing with QC issues from overseas manufacturers, they would put all the springs on the shop floor, measure them, and put them into three piles: +,-&= depending on how close they were to spec. They always made sure to send out floor-matched sets. I got all the oddballs😛(not complaining, they were usually free😊)

I measured both of them, one is indeed shorter by 1 in, and adding insult to injury, its shorter on the fixed side of the spring (backside), so the whole front axle is crocked by 1 in to the passenger side. Not good at all!

I measured both of them, one is indeed shorter by 1 in, and adding insult to injury, its shorter on the fixed side of the spring (backside), so the whole front axle is crocked by 1 in to the passenger side. Not good at all!
If that is the case then Skyjacker needs to be notified so they can correct the problem.

I have been using Skyjacker products for over 30 years and have never had any issues with any of their products. Still using a pair of their 4" softride springs from 20 years ago. The truck has worn out and is coming off the road for good but the springs are still nice and actually going on my new build.

Agreed. That is not good.🤨

Can you put them on the ground upside down to compare the arch from one to the other and post a pic?

Here you go : I wont call Skyjacker for that, I'm an international buyer and they know I can't do anything against them, I have tried that before with many companies and 99% of the time I will be the losing side.

]
IMG_20210714_023316.jpg

IMG_20210714_023300.jpg

Can you post a pic of all four springs together? I have 4" Skyjacker and like them???

Have you measured with a flat tape along the curve to get an accurate length of the main leaves while taking the arch out of the equation?

Spring 01.jpg

I think Kamaro is correct, someone at skyjacker hosed the order up.....defiantly not the correct Front spring....have you sent them an e-mail with these pictures. I’ve had good luck with their product (2” lift) and they have responded to my e-mail’s in the past. However, my questions were pretty low profile (spring bushing mix and match) compared to your issue.

I just received both the L40LS and L40RS springs 2 weeks ago and front springs are identical (to each other) and rear springs are identical (to each other). Sounds like someone screwed up. I know the arc is different from front to rear and there is a difference in length of about an inch between front and rear. Id call for sure. Send pics etc. They should send another no charge and not require you to ship the other back. Sorry to hear that.

P.S. The only problem I had is that the Skyjacker springs are 2-1/2" and my old ones were 2-3/4" so I had to cut a 1/4" off of the bushings and use washers to make up the difference.

count me as another happy customer who bought 4" SJ springs almost 20 years ago and they are still doing great.

I would try them. Just because you are international doesn't mean they won't do the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom