Deposit down on the new 68 Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Appreciate the input. Initially I will be limited to the soft grown at the farm. I have fuel line and many things here at the house, farm not so much.

I can definitely change me some fluids, drain the tank and put some fresh in there. I could probably source some fuel filters.

I guess in addition to the oil filter are air filters obtainable?

Not sure if the F engine takes the same oil filter as a 2F, but I always used the WIX 51515.

Read this thread before you consider using the Wix - Wix oil filter failures

The filter is the same and there are several brands that fit Fram HP1, Motorcraft FL1A, Purolator PL30001 and the small Toyota 90915-YZZD3 to name a few. Unfortunately the large Toyota 15600-41010 is NLA.

We go through literally a thousand Wix filters a year without issue, on everything from Hyster forklifts, Ford and GM pickups, to Grove cranes and CAT equipment. I’m sure they’ve probably had some minor issues here and there, but I don’t hesitate to run them on everything I own.
We had a sales rep talk our purchasing department into switching to Baldwin about 8 years ago. That lasted about 6 months. You want to talk about failures?

Looking forward to watching this thread. I am digging the Warn / Belleview winch - they look so steam punk - nice to still have all the controls that go with it. Manual out, 6000lb tow, friction brake is ok, but don't rely on it to save your life.

Not sure if the F engine takes the same oil filter as a 2F, but I always used the WIX 51515.

As a rule of thumb, you check your points gap and adjust as needed, check your timing, and then adjust the air mixture screw on the carb as needed to bring your idle to around 800 rpm. Before this procedure, be sure the vacuum lines and ports are routed properly and plugged where needed with no vacuum leaks.
Probably be a good idea to buy several in-line fuel filters to have them at the ready. If the fuel in the tank is questionable, drain it and get fresh.
DOT3 brake fluid for brake master cylinder AND clutch master cylinder.
Check tire pressures.
Solid advice!

Last edited:
Appreciate the input. Initially I will be limited to the soft grown at the farm. I have fuel line and many things here at the house, farm not so much.

I can definitely change me some fluids, drain the tank and put some fresh in there. I could probably source some fuel filters.

I guess in addition to the oil filter are air filters obtainable?

Should be able to get filters at your NAPA...

I have been using this large one in my 75 which also works for a 2F: 90915TD004

Some don't like that it's made in Thailand but it's still an OEM Toyota part. Made by Denso I think.

Good to know. 6 days until the Pig and I meet, I would love to get some of these things done before I am able to bring it from Farm to Colorado. I did notice the right rear brake light cover broken. Gonna need to find one of those!

Another question, I have read tons of threads here and am I wrong in that the suspension isn't a simple swap like all my other cruisers?

Important night, awaiting the wife to arrive at farm in Okla. She usually stays with her mother when back in in Oklahoma for work. I would like to think the magnetic attraction to the pig has her staying at the remote homestead tonight. That's where she will meet Hammy for the first time. Waiting on her to report in with her assessment.

There's lots of wives that like pigs - mine being one of them. She thinks 55s are way cooler than 40s. Maybe they like ruff, ugly, stinky, and showing-their-age exteriors but with good insides???

Hope you hear a great report!

Read this thread before you consider using the Wix - Wix oil filter failures

The filter is the same and there are several brands that fit Fram HP1, Motorcraft FL1A, Purolator PL30001 and the small Toyota 90915-YZZD3 to name a few. Unfortunately the large Toyota 15600-41010 is NLA.

If you want a good large Japanese Denso manufactured filter, use the one from a 7M-GTE. Still have to get it from overseas, but it's a spectacular filter.

15601-44011 Works on F.5/2F/3F-E/1FZ-FE/3B/13B-T....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom