Coming soon to a 45 near you... it's so GIFU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for working hard to produce a quality item. I am in for more than a few sets when they are complete.

Ok. So here’s one solution. Large round nickel grommet. Super durable.

4 of these are available For sale. The other 4 have been spoken for.
‘I’m calling these blemished as I re-did the grommets and that area may have some scarring Etc.

These came out of my practice sessions but all have the super durable rubber, and should last for a long time.

$100.00 plus the ride for all 4.

With that out of the way.... What are your thoughts on these grommets ?

All opinions are welcome!

001F4718-B0BE-4ED1-B883-57F219F1AFBE.jpeg

9345776C-BC74-4E4D-BAEB-B0E60A3C3BA6.jpeg

7FA782DE-4D5A-466A-835A-F0C6D59D05DC.jpeg

Looks fantastic Angelo! Here’s an example of a different but similar style of mudflaps i installed on my 45LV a while back. Thought it might help to kind of see how they mounted… I don’t think the grommet would be very visible unless you really got under the truck, maybe inside the wheel well a bit but the way I have mine mounted the mud flap is kind of sandwiched between a metal plate and the wheel well . If it’s possible to get the grommets in black, I think it’s worth waiting for case others want to mount them differently? Otherwise I think yours still look to be an improvement on the other repros that you’re modeling them after. Certainly should last longer having the grommets I would think.

1627096198563.png

1627096496510.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree... Black would look way better.

It's sorta funny how you would think that a grommet for this particular situation would be easy to get.

I talked to the local shop, and he sold me these nickel ones. But even though these were designed for 1/4 inch material, some flaps were still to thick and needed to be machined down.

I think the best way to get this thing done is to go with a "holster" style grommet. I spotted them while looking for the others. They all come in black, and are very thick.
So if everyone is OK with a round grommet, I can get them ordered and start cooking.

I have yet to find a 1/4 (thick) inch black oval grommet. And believe me, I've been looking!!!

I’d take the other 4. I think they look great! Thanks for doing this!
You got it!

PM me and we can go from there...

Thank You!!!

I'm down for a set of these if available.
Mike

Thanks for the interest everyone.

I am now gearing up with products needed to do a larger run of these. I went through my Rubber compound with testing. (the final version)

I have a list that's pretty damn big. But I will work through it and geter done.. :)

So if you have interest, or have already contacted me but did not provide a SOLID # of units requested, please do so ASAP so I can get the list sorted so I can keep track, and keep everyone informed.

I will offer a more clear timeline once all the product shows up.

Thanks Again!

I'll take a full set. Thanks!

Ok. I went through my remaining blemish / test flaps.

Found two actually good ones. One has some machining on the back side around the grommet area.

But, both are sporting my new round dark grommets and should last as long as any other.

So if you want these two, it's $60.00 for the pair shipped.

Respond here so others may see who Responded first.

Thanks all!

And a quick update... Just waiting on rubber at this point. :)

20210801_200953.jpg
20210801_201000.jpg
20210801_200935.jpg
20210801_200903.jpg

Ok. I went through my remaining blemish / test flaps.

Found two actually good ones. One has some machining on the back side around the grommet area.

But, both are sporting my new round dark grommets and should last as long as any other.

So if you want these two, it's $60.00 for the pair shipped.

Respond here so others may see who Responded first.

Thanks all!

And a quick update... Just waiting on rubber at this point. :)

View attachment 2748052View attachment 2748053View attachment 2748054View attachment 2748055
I’ll take them! Let me know how you want to get paid. Thank you for doing this!

Last edited:
Ok everyone, finally received my first shipment of rubber.
Found out there's a huge shortage of certain compounds used to make various things, and this rubber is one of them! Has to do with the weather that hit Texas last winter.

Anyway...
I am now making da flaps!
They will have the round grommets.
If you don't want any grommets installed, no problem just let me know.

I have a good size list of people who want a set or 6, so I will begin contacting you in the order received.

Please keep in mind it will take a while to make these, and right now it looks like I have enough rubber for around 100 - 120 flaps. So 60 pair, or 30 full sets of 4.

I'm hoping to get the rest of the rubber in the next week or so, which should let me make an additional 100 or so.

So there's your update, I'll be in touch soon!!!

Reminder on cost.
100 for 2, 150 for 4.

I'm sure I will have more blemished items along the way so let me know if you are interested in those. Price in those is normally 25 each.

And thanks again for your interest!!

Update:

Im starting to get these cranking...
If you recently paid for your flaps, shipping will begin Saturday. I have about 30 or more done so far. Going to ship on a schedule. Probably 2 or three times a week. They are turning out great. Also I’m still screwing up enough for some “blemished” versions, so stay tuned on those. Probably won’t ship any blems for a while though. Staying focused on the pre-orders...

Oh... and in my constant search for cool 45 series stuff to cobble together (encouraged by @scoobiedubes ) this happened...

B15BBAAA-5782-430E-8D27-A92E56C6CD61.jpeg

My first semi successful cast of a window crank... More to follow...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom