[CLOSED] Alu-Innovations Troopy Pop Top Group Buy Interest (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in regardless, my deposit has been sent. I'm a bit disappointed and was not paying attention when I sent it off. I just emailed them back, and copied you Paul.
Received. Still in a fight with Cassiem regarding the pricing. But your pricing should be reduced, just not sure how quickly they'll send you an updated invoice until we get this pricing figured out/fixed.

Better pissed off than pissed on
If I ever end up in South Africa I'll go take a piss on Cassiem on behalf of all of us. What a sh!tty way to do business, get everything finalized, everyone on board, and then change it at the last second.

Jokes aside this sucks, hopefully it's just an accounting issue/misunderstanding, although that may be wishful thinking. I only have the funds to pay for the price agreed upon, was gonna save up for the shipping costs over the next month or 2. I'll try to figure out a way to see if I can scramble up another 800, in the meanwhile I don't know if I can afford the price increase. Will keep everyone updated.

Would like to just publicly thank Paul for fighting on behalf of all of us and having to deal with all the BS (including the thousands of questions we have asked him aswell) hope it works out in our favor, fingers crossed

If I ever end up in South Africa I'll go take a piss on Cassiem on behalf of all of us. What a sh!tty way to do business, get everything finalized, everyone on board, and then change it at the last second.

Jokes aside this sucks, hopefully it's just an accounting issue/misunderstanding, although that may be wishful thinking. I only have the funds to pay for the price agreed upon, was gonna save up for the shipping costs over the next month or 2. I'll try to figure out a way to see if I can scramble up another 800, in the meanwhile I don't know if I can afford the price increase. Will keep everyone updated.

Would like to just publicly thank Paul for fighting on behalf of all of us and having to deal with all the BS (including the thousands of questions we have asked him aswell) hope it works out in our favor, fingers crossed
Here to help brother, continuing to go back and forth with Cassiem. His "retail pricing" he is trying to now claim that we get discounted includes his VAT price, which we don't pay VAT.

Current 20% discount he's trying to say is ~82k Rand which is about $4350.

I'm trying to press as hard as I can on them without blowing this whole thing up in our faces where they say the entire deal is off.

Here to help brother, continuing to go back and forth with Cassiem. His "retail pricing" he is trying to now claim that we get discounted includes his VAT price, which we don't pay VAT.

Current 20% discount he's trying to say is ~82k Rand which is about $4350.

I'm trying to press as hard as I can on them without blowing this whole thing up in our faces where they say the entire deal is off.
Appreciate it all, no reason to blow the whole deal up over $800... multiplied by 10 those greedy b@astards.

Will more than likely be able to scrounge up the extra money to afford it, it's still a good price. Just once I have my pop top in my hands I will probably give a not-so-stellar review...

Sorry about the attitude this pop top expense is just more than my current net worth 😆 Once again thanks for sorting through all the BS

Everyone:

Cassiem has a meeting with his accounting and management team tomorrow morning South Africa time.

He's going to get me the finalized pricing tomorrow, where we get the finalized POST DISCOUNT price. Not this bull with this price, and we'll knock off cash after people deposit, blah blah.

Seems like right now the standard top roof will end up being around ~82k Rand AFTER 20% discount.

Everyone:

Cassiem has a meeting with his accounting and management team tomorrow morning South Africa time.

He's going to get me the finalized pricing tomorrow, where we get the finalized POST DISCOUNT price. Not this bull with this price, and we'll knock off cash after people deposit, blah blah.

Seems like right now the standard top roof will end up being around ~82k Rand AFTER 20% discount.
So likely 87k Rand for the hi-top?

This back and forth is crappy, but it is still a good deal.

So likely 87k Rand for the hi-top?

This back and forth is crappy, but it is still a good deal.

More than likely around this price.

Unfortunately the only reason I was able to jump in was the 6+ people 20% discount. It's going to be hard to swing the extra and I don't feel confident he won't change his mind again after the final payment is due.

Also, can you fill us in on the new delivery dates? Originally it was January time frame to be shipped out.

Again, thanks for coordinating and fighting for us, just trying to understand the situation.

Unfortunately the only reason I was able to jump in was the 6+ people 20% discount. It's going to be hard to swing the extra and I don't feel confident he won't change his mind again after the final payment is due.

Also, can you fill us in on the new delivery dates? Originally it was January time frame to be shipped out.

Again, thanks for coordinating and fighting for us, just trying to understand the situation.
Understand the cost change issue. Once a price is finalized I'll do a final call for who is still in vs who is now out based on what seems to be an inevitable price increase.

Building these units takes time. Cassiem builds them 5 at a time, and it takes 4-5 weeks to build the batch. These are all built to order.

Then trying to get accessories built, etc will take more time.

You can only get 2 of these 3 in a work purchase.
1. Cheap
2. Fast
3. Quality

We've picked 1 and 3.

So shipping from. South Africa can't happen until EVERYTHING is built to save on shipping. If you want yours air freight shipped ASAP it will be ~$1700 bucks alone.

Understand the frustration, but a delay in build time (especially with the holidays) is something that happens.

Appreciate it all, no reason to blow the whole deal up over $800... multiplied by 10 those greedy b@astards.

Will more than likely be able to scrounge up the extra money to afford it, it's still a good price. Just once I have my pop top in my hands I will probably give a not-so-stellar review...

Sorry about the attitude this pop top expense is just more than my current net worth 😆 Once again thanks for sorting through all the BS
If you promise to modify my oil pan like you did yours I’ll lend you the money 🤣

FYI - if you work out shipping to East Coast to save $$, one option to West Coast would be a PODS container. Ballpark $3000 or so from NC to CA for a 16' container. Someone would have to take delivery of all and then pack the POD securely for those going west.

Final pricing, new invoices will go out today.

Standard roof: 80k rand.
Hi Line roof: 85k rand.

Best I can get guys. Take it or leave it.

Everyone should have been on the email.

Let me know if you're out.

Last edited:
I did receive an email with updated quote.
I’m still in.
I also got a chance to check out a pop top while visiting the outer banks. They look like a quality piece of kit.

8DE9385B-A1E0-4BE1-81EC-89B12FC00BEF.jpeg

I'm in as well! Thanks for getting as good as a deal you could get. Once the tops arrive in everyone's hands I'll start leaving some less-than-stellar reviews, this way of doing business just rubs me so wrong. I'm sure we will all be more than pleased with the quality and it's still a great price, just have no respect for Cassiem or anyone running their show anymore, the morals alone almost make me not want to give them money but it's not like that would hurt them... then I would just be the looser without a pop top stateside lol.

FYI - if you work out shipping to East Coast to save $$, one option to West Coast would be a PODS container. Ballpark $3000 or so from NC to CA for a 16' container. Someone would have to take delivery of all and then pack the POD securely for those going west.
Piggybacking off of this if they do end up on the east coast, I would be more than glad to rent a uhual trailer and tow whoever's pop tops across the US with my own troopy if my gas and the trailer was paid for. Estimating around $1200-1500ish if I were to drive a total of 3,500 miles getting 13mpg with gas at an average of $4.25 ontop of the trailer rental costs aswell. No idea what my actual gas milage would be while towing, usually get 21 on the highway. Dont really know if that's worth it for anyone to just save half on the shipping costs, just throwing the idea out there as a possibility, I'm just trying to get a cross country trip somewhat paid for and love meeting all the people across the US from mud 😆

I just went to my bank. Teller was able to do it in about 15 min. With the info on the invoice. The bank charged me $40 BTW.

Last edited:
Silly question, for those who have paid the deposit, which service did you end up using?
You can make any international wire transfer in person or the phone. Some let you do online

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom