Bolt on turbo kit (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's got to make for some interesting questions!
Exactly! How the F*** do you get into an accident to total a Cruiser with no other vehicles involved? That's not an easy task to since it's fully armored. I don't want to start any speculations. I'm sure insurance is going to be all over the details with a fine tooth comb. Would love to see pictures but I'm sure those are going to be held back from the public for quite some time.

Are there many options outside of Pa's/rotor choice's for these rig's?

don't know, but my truck stops rather poorly with the added weight and I drive it accordingly. My son has had an 80 since he was 17 and when he jumped into mt SC truck we had a long discussion about how bad it stops and to stay off the gas. It's not hard to get into trouble with the trucks with the brakes on them. Add a power adder and trouble is just around the corner.

don't know, but my truck stops rather poorly with the added weight and I drive it accordingly. My son has had an 80 since he was 17 and when he jumped into mt SC truck we had a long discussion about how bad it stops and to stay off the gas. It's not hard to get into trouble with the trucks with the brakes on them. Add a power adder and trouble is just around the corner.

Ah I get what your saying! Didn't think about it from a unfamiliarity perspective.

You're all jumping to conclusions that it was the brakes. Please just standby until the information comes out.

Last thing needed right now is something else to point to a cause of the accident.

As a point of reference, I have been driving with more than twice the power of this turbo kit on EBC brakes for close to 5 years with no issues.

You're all jumping to conclusions that it was the brakes. Please just standby until the information comes out.

Last thing needed right now is something else to point to a cause of the accident.

As a point of reference, I have been driving with more than twice the power of this turbo kit on EBC brakes for close to 5 years with no issues.

THIS^^^^^^^

Armchair quarterbacking this is not appropriate.

My thought is that, as difficult as it may be, that we keep opinions and opinions regarding the crash to ourselves. With the intention to instead be there for the grand master @NXLTACY if he needs our help. As boho, as this may sound we are a team with one passion, these awesome TLCs. I just don't know how talking about the accident will help anyone, until Joey is ready to share. Just my less than 2 cents. Just want to help. Good luck Joey!

My apologies I was not referring to anything being the cause I saw brakes mentioned and was curious what upgrades would be suggested as I've only ever seen pad/rotor choices.

I am sure this can not be talked about considering there will be some insurance actions, etc but I saw the picture and sure looked like someone was out being a Hooligan.

My point was that it could have been a result being unfamiliar with the driving characteristics and mentioned the stock brakes as an example. mainly in response to your assertion that it was a reckless driver being a hooligan.

I’ll echo @cruiserdan - all talk is just conjecture unless you FB/IG/Tweeting people have factual info not in this thread.

I smacked a parked Camry with my 80 a couple yrs ago - and it wasn’t the brakes fault - it was the wingnut driver (me) trying to avoid a toy dog on a bungee /reel leash.

We can do a “best brakes for added HP” -thread, but it’ll look like all the other ones.

I like 306/396 that @Corbet mentions for bragging right. :deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom