BJ73 FRP windows (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It doesn't come up, but I'll message or call them, maybe they can get a hold of some? But that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

It doesn't come up, but I'll message or call them, maybe they can get a hold of some? But that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Europarts has a lot of parts advertised they don’t have and even can not get, kinda like dealing with Cruiserparts.net here in the US ;)

your link shows that euro4x4 has the rubber slide channels.

I searched on that site for the weatherstrip thst goes around the outside of the metal frame...nothing came up.

Do they have part number 62793-90K00?

No not yet i also asked for 1 but have been told they cant get it anymore and get back to me when its available again

For those stateside, we (Cruiser Outfitters) stock the 62755-90K01 & 62756-90K01 :D

I did the quick/dirty install on my BJ74 as I needed to get them sealed up. I'll eventually pull the frames, powdercoat and replaced completely.

My install:
"Jenny" build thread - 1988 BJ74

I bought the FRP window weatherstrip that CruiserParts sells. They only have the LH side.
Here's a pic of the profile of the rubber and a measured diagram of it.
I looked on various sites that popped up when I googled auto weather strip: nothing matches.
View attachment 1588788

View attachment 1588793
Thread revival.

Is this strip shaped and creased so the left side would not fit the right side? Cruiserparts still shows having left side in stock. This stuff is usually really soft.
This place might be able to make it in a roll and if soft enough, I bet it would work so long as the profile was the same.

Last edited:
I do not think he does. I know he has the runs. I do not think he has the packings that go between the frames and the FRP.
62793-90K00 and 62794-90K00
And yeah, I would too.

Though I think it is a valid question.
My guess is there is a corner crease to fit the frame shape exactly but there is no pic anywhere of the stuff laying flat. It may be soft enough to stretch and make fit when sandwiched between the frame and top.

That butyl stuff is really soft and easily bends around corners and is easily compressed. I am wondering if a roll of square butyl weather stripping would not successfully accomplish the same thing. Or, if a custom place made a 1000 foot roll of the stuff with the same profile and sticky on one side if it would work without having preformed corners.

My understanding is that the window frame is sealed to the top by that butyl/urethane goo and the inner pinch moulding holds the frame while it sets. The window frame has to be cut out of the top much like a windshield.

$6 for 25’ roll at any metal building supplier.

Right but it does not have the same profile. But given its soft and pliable it might be worth a try.....who's first?

Bump. Did anyone have a go at this yet? Photos? Specifically about the tape and sealant. I’m about to pull my frames to get new seals and powder coat them. I’m scared to pull them without a solid plan to get them back in.

I have my frames powder coated but they are still not re-installed. The interior side "weatherstripping or "finishers" are the pieces you should try to save, unless they are still available for purchase. I was never able to find one side's rubber seal that goes on the outside between metal frame and the fiberglass.
When I do put it all back together I will use some fancy butyl caulk in place of the that rubber.

@jblueridge My inside rubbers are there and I’ll keep those.

I’ve got this outside weatherstrip (pictured), which, from my research here on Mud, appears to be the part which is no longer available. So I guess this is what I’ll need to find another option for. I’m hoping the stuff @Delancy posted would work as a replacement. Or just do the caulk.

7E9DD4E1-0865-4400-981E-7EDD15971B50.jpeg

The weatherstrip above stops at the bottom, then I’ve got 3 of these rubber shims which seem to be available still, or easily replicated.

7C009747-9348-4BCD-BB1F-1B76C55F38C9.jpeg

That all seem similar to what everyone else has? This all looks old enough that Id be surprised if it wasnt factory.

Either way, if someone did this recently either with caulk or a replacement for the weatherstrip I’d love to see pics of the finished product.

Last edited:
@Bazz did you end up tackling this? Would love to know how it went if so. This is my next major project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom