Builds "Jenny" build thread - 1989 BJ74 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks like a good, relaxing time. Classic J**p belongs with classic Cruisers I suppose, I was looking
for a CJ5 when I bought my FJ40.

That looks like a good, relaxing time. Classic J**p belongs with classic Cruisers I suppose, I was looking
for a CJ5 when I bought my FJ40.

And aren't you so glad you went down this path instead :D

Sweet Cruiser Kurt! inspiration for my build for sure. I messaged you on instagram and wanted to know if you got it.. 70 series shirt in the making!

Sweet Cruiser Kurt! inspiration for my build for sure. I messaged you on instagram and wanted to know if you got it.. 70 series shirt in the making!

Cool, I'll look for your note. I hadn't seen it quite yet. Thanks for chiming in!

So IIRC 4 Cruiser projects at this time .. mmm that's equal to 4 bikes or one with the price of 4 ..? :D

So IIRC 4 Cruiser projects at this time .. mmm that's equal to 4 bikes or one with the price of 4 ..? :D

Hahaha. You have a good memory, unfortunately so does she. I've tried the "I've had that Cruiser in the shop for years" and it's just not working anymore.

Oh, @theferg I'm pretty sure you told me the matching pajama bottoms would be included with the sale?

View attachment 1255053

Oh man. How the hell did i miss seein this pic? I look like a freaking clown. For the record, i was washing my face and possibly my hair in the pic....

The jammy bottoms are yours if you really want them... they may not fit you quite so well as they do me though... :p

Last edited:
Oh man. How the hell did i miss seein this pic? I look like a freaking clown. For the record, i was washing my face and possibly my hair in the pic....

The jammy bottoms are yours if you really want them... they may not fit you quite so well as they do me though... :p

Oh I can guarantee they won't fit me!

Jenny is just a get er' done rig. Chaster and I went up AFC a few weekends back with Jackson and Goates. They took off to get the kids fed but we decided to poke around a few more trails. Ended up on a washed out trail that required dual lockers and some creative winching to get out. Jake though we were walking home, I know Jenny would save us :D

New shoes and time to go see some fall colors :cool:

image.jpg

Yeah. At the bottom of the door. I'd want to use it on a trailer build

Sorry, it's all part of the side graphic. I'm sure a vinyl place could easily whip one out in a single color

New wheels installed :cool:

IMG_1985.JPG

The cost of the FRP top side window runs was low enough I decided to experiment these eve. You simply can't remove the glass without removing the frame and you can swap the one piece w/s without removing the glass. But, if you remove the latch mechanisms you can slide the windows far enough to each side to allow replacement the w/s when cut in half. I used a bit of black silicone at the joint and it turned out quite tidy and FAR better than my leaky-noisy original w/s. I still need to do the second window but it should take more than an hour now that the process is sorted.

Before look:

20170321_193932-756x1008.jpg

After:

20170321_193919-756x1008.jpg

When it comes time to pill the frame.... yuk!
Replacing a Sliding Glass Window in 75 series Troopy

Appreciate the photos and info Kurt! My poor 74 has been sitting far too long and needs some attention to get her back on the road.

My side windows have some awesome purple tint on them. The tint must've been a Japan mainland special, but I think i'll be removing it in favor of a bit more blase 20% charcoal color!

Mine had tint on the top side and back door windows. I removed all of it using vinegar and garbage bags to keep the tint wet while the vinegar did its work. MUCH better visibility out. Handy when right-hand-driving in a left-hand world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom