BJ73 FRP windows (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got these from Yan about a year and a half ago. I haven't found the time to pull the windows and get the frames bead blasted and powder coated.

View attachment 1339153
Hey Dan, do you have more pictures of those center wiper posts? How long are they? Are they discontinued? Just curious if they might work for the 60 series sliders as well.

They should still be live but not in this market. Beno, Yan or similar would be a possible source.

These are NOT the same as a 60. The sash and the weather strips are not integrated on a 60 like they are on a 73/4. The window height is also different.

Last edited:
Hey Dan, do you have more pictures of those center wiper posts? How long are they? Are they discontinued? Just curious if they might work for the 60 series sliders as well.

I have a 60 slider that I bought a couple years ago for what I think is an '85 window. They are far more complicated
that the 73/74 series windows unfortunately. Even the center posts - sash - pieces vary from model year to year.

Cruiserdan - Are you familiar with the 60 series sliding windows as well?

They should still be live but not in this market. Beno, Yan or similar would be a possible source.

These are NOT the same as a 60. The sash and the weather strips are not integrated on a 60 like they are on a 73/4. The window height is also different.
Darn! Thanks for the info. It was worth a shot.

I have a rough idea. My desk is ~30 feet from an HJ61 with sliders. I have looked at it in passing but not clinically.

I have a 60 slider that I bought a couple years ago for what I think is an '85 window. They are far more complicated
that the 73/74 series windows unfortunately. Even the center posts - sash - pieces vary from model year to year.

Good point. I have noticed subtle differences between 60 series sliders like the center posts. Such as one mounting screw or two.

Good point. I have noticed subtle differences between 60 series sliders like the center posts. Such as one mounting screw or two.
Yeah, mine has 2 mounting screws. They also fit much differently in the window frame. I'm a long way from getting to mine, so not too
serious about it yet. I'm tied up with time and money on the BJ74 getting it on the road

20161020_090849.jpg

It would be my pleasure to show you around.

I'm about to blast and powdercoat my window frames.
Looks like the rubber between frame and FRP opening are NLA. Part 62761A below.

Should I install with butyl doube-sided tape then caulk?
Anyone else do this recently?

781120_6152_0001.png

Interested in this inquiry; I just finished a complete paintjob and couldn't redo the FRP windows since the weatherstrip that goes between the FRP to and window frame is NLA.

I contacted Cruiserparts since one of the part numbers retrieved a result after a google search but answered this was NLA,too. However, they had a replacement that could be used:

Side Window Weatherstrip No. 1 for 85-99 70 Series Cruisers [D 62794-90K00] - $49.99 : CruiserParts.net, Toyota Landcruiser Parts

Since my experience with spares and compatibility with various models is limited an input from another member would be very appreciated.

Hmmmm. That part number is for the LH window i think.

Should fit many vehicles
upload_2017-11-20_12-38-41.png

I'm about to blast and powdercoat my window frames.
Looks like the rubber between frame and FRP opening are NLA. Part 62761A below.
Should I install with butyl doube-sided tape then caulk?
Anyone else do this recently?

I've bookmarked this website with plans to do this job eventually and think I referenced it in a different thread but here it is again:
Replacing a Sliding Glass Window in 75 series Troopy

Thanks Jfrench!

Will need to find the US analog to Selleys Mastic.

No problem. If you'd like to document with pics I know a handful of people on here are waiting on a step by step how-to thread...;)

Excellent info; just wondering since he never mentions the window spacer (NLA) is it replaced with this Selleys Mastic?

frp window.jpg

And, if it's NLA, could a similar part number be used with some trimming.

I bought the FRP window weatherstrip that CruiserParts sells. They only have the LH side.
Here's a pic of the profile of the rubber and a measured diagram of it.
I looked on various sites that popped up when I googled auto weather strip: nothing matches.
upload_2017-12-9_17-50-19.png

upload_2017-12-9_17-50-37.png

I bought the FRP window weatherstrip that CruiserParts sells. They only have the LH side.
Here's a pic of the profile of the rubber and a measured diagram of it.
I looked on various sites that popped up when I googled auto weather strip: nothing matches.
View attachment 1588788

View attachment 1588793

euro4x4parts.com has all the parts, in a few months i may be ordering them they're about 85 EUR for the slide channels. I'll see how much shipping is from the sit to my spanish address, and i may be able to ship them to an address to the states from my APO/FPO address.

http://www.euro4x4parts.com/parts/lvg1002-2140_side_window_rear_slide_chanel_62755-90K01.html

your link shows that euro4x4 has the rubber slide channels.

I searched on that site for the weatherstrip thst goes around the outside of the metal frame...nothing came up.

Do they have part number 62793-90K00?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom