BIKINI or SUMMER TOP? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm taking my roof off for the first time to put on a top for the summer. Please let me hear your opinions between a Summer top or Bikini top.

I'm leaning towards the Summer top (covers behind the seats) as I want to leave my doors on (I know I can do this with a Bikini as well, just a preference).

I vote for bikini.

I use a bikini if I'm running around on roads and go topless on the trails.

I only run the doors when I have the hard top on.

I do want to get or make some halve doors for when I run the bikini or am going topless.

try it first

Take the top off and then decide how you feel after driving topless. I fall in love with my truck every spring when I take the hard top off. I like the bikini top to protect from sunburn and half doors or doorless all summer. The truck is much more fun without a top and doors. YMMV Jay

I'm going to vote for summer top. Because if it pours rain like the one time we went to Tellico. You will be soaked. Can the summer top not be converted into a bikini style top?

Trollhole said:
I'm going to vote for summer top. Because if it pours rain like the one time we went to Tellico. You will be soaked. Can the summer top not be converted into a bikini style top?

Don't know, Troll. Maybe with an Exacto knife it could be done
;)

ALEXGAR said:
Don't know, Troll. Maybe with an Exacto knife it could be done
;)
I use a Bikini top for the summer as long as I have a garage to put it in. Also have a pair of soft 1/2 doors to go with it. I didn't even bother putting the hard top back on when i stored her for the winter.

either way, I'd look into a canvas top. I have the black vinyl Bestop bikini, and it's pretty ugly IMO. Also stretches when it gets a huge pond of water in it after a good rainstorm. Then you have a weird stretched black thing flopping around when you're driving :D

Go with canvas...

On my STC top, the side panels zip completely out and the back rolls up. Actually with all that zipped out and rolled up it is not much more than a "Summer Top"

Personal choice, I guess.

Ed

bikini... to be specific the SOR Shade Summer Top. affordable and allows you to see out through the mesh and still gives great sun coverage. I put one on recently and I talked/reviewed it here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=81725

been using it a bit now and love it.

nothing or maybe the 'kini.

when it rains i get wet, when it rains over night i get a wet ass for the drive to work.

driving a topless 40 over the summer=priceless.

I'm pretty sure he is talking about a summer top like this.

272-81-GY_i2-big.jpg

I would think as long as your moving you wouldn't get that we. Bad thing about a bikini top is sucks the rain from that comes over the rear edge back on you and you windshield. I would think the back could roll the back part up.

Trollhole said:
Bad thing about a bikini top is sucks the rain from that comes over the rear edge back on you and you windshield.

true that. funny.. I recently got caught in a heavy heavy random SoCal rain storm and the issue was not the rain on the outside of the windshield, but splattering back into the inside and trying to whipe it away was useless. But, that was my own fault by tempting the rain gods that day by driving my rig with a 80% chance of heavy thunder storms.... and I lost. still vote bikini.. but I guess there are hazards.

Trollhole said:
I would think as long as your moving you wouldn't get that we. Bad thing about a bikini top is sucks the rain from that comes over the rear edge back on you and you windshield. I would think the back could roll the back part up.

LOL! Marshall, is your grammar exceptionally poor tonight or have you and the mrs. just been kicking back a few???

Alex- Bikini all the way.

:D reminds me of my j**p buddy driving his TJ home from work in Baltimore. his doors were at home and his sides and rear were off. He got caught in a freak torrential downpour that came on him so fast he was helpless. There was so much rain that it was hitting him from all sides. He couldn't see through the rain TO the windshield!
Imagine a 31yr old IT guy in a tie utterly soaked :D Everyone he past was just staring at him.

he took it in stride, but the worst was he really needed a cigarette. Got one out...... all of them soaked :D
he couldn't even light it! HA!

I've got one of those extreme summer tops just hanging around, doing NOTHING. Got it from a guy who bought it new at SOR, used it one time, then got an aftermarket rollcage!

It will only fit with the factory rollbar.

PM me if you're interested in it.;)

I have one of the old school extreme bikini tops with the small window in the back, and I love the thing.

later
Ryan

Bikini and a tarp.

If you drive fast enough iwth a bikini you stay pretty dry. ;)

I have the STC top now so I might give it a try as a summer top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom