Builds Big Red Toy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, Johnny is right. The motor side mounts look to be the factory ones. I think Edwin just cleaned them up. The frame side ones are the ones he fabricated.

I'll be out on a backpacking camp-out with the scouts this weekend, so if I forget, happy Veteran's Day. Stay safe and hurry up so we can go wheel the diesels!

Dave thanks for the veteran's day wishes. I believe the driver side one is the one Edwin fabbed. The driver side factory one just fell short. I may be wrong and might have to get clarification, but that's how I read the email. The other one is the one that came with the engine. Enjoy your camping trip.

Update
nevermind, I reread the email, you guys were right, he fabbed the frame mounts and used the original engine mounts.

Last edited:
I knew I was forgetting something this week. It was to wish you a Happy Veteran's Day! Keep their heads down.

Sorry not much new to report on the rig. It's getting the tranny and transfer case put in this week. Hopefully will have some pictures soon. I'm debating if it will need and anti wrap bar or not, what do you guys think?. Other than that I've been really busy trying to hold down the fort while everyone is on leave for the holidays and I'm in the middle of my finals.
I'll harass Edwin for pictures in the morning.

If you are running cruiser springs in the rear I'd suggest running an antiwrap bar. Even thought I've got chevy 63's in my rear I'm still glad I'm running an antiwrap bar and I can tell a difference when it's not hooked up.

If you are running cruiser springs in the rear I'd suggest running an antiwrap bar. Even thought I've got chevy 63's in my rear I'm still glad I'm running an antiwrap bar and I can tell a difference when it's not hooked up.

Thanks for the advice. Is there a need to run one for the front axle?

Thanks for the advice. Is there a need to run one for the front axle?

It wouldn't hurt but the packaging becomes the challenge plus the front axle doesn't see the weigh transfer that the rear axle gets. Most of us get away without one up front and don't have any problems.

Phoenician?...Phoenician? Where are you these days? What news? Pictures? Give us something man.

Phoenician?...Phoenician? Where are you these days? What news? Pictures? Give us something man.

sorry been busy with closing down our tiny footprint and dealing with the ever incompetent and whiny Iraqi military. The weather has been horrible and everyone has been sick to include the mechanic working on Red. He's not even in this miserable country.

On a separate note, I have been driving our uparmored suburbans more and am liking the twin alternator set up they got. Wondering if anyone has done it. I also ordered a tuff stuff winch that pulls 12500 lbs for 300 bucks. It comes with a 3 year warranty and is water proof, we'll see how fast i can break it. Sorry I got no pictures to post up right now. how are you liking your rig?

how are you liking your rig?

Loving it. Still working out some bugs. The thing is exactly what I wanted. I don't need to get off the line fast, although it gets off fast enough, and it has massive torque. With all my gears I'm getting great diesel mileage. It doesn't run very hot and I'm having trouble getting it to heat the truck. It's been a cold winter, driving wise.

I hope you get out of there soon. Keep us posted.

Any updates?

Nothing worth mentioning really. Got the wiring, the fuel lines and the transmission retainer bearing cut down by 3/8 to fit the adapter. I ordered a 12500lbs water proof winch that will arrive today, I plan on taking the one I currently have and mount it in the rear later. I'm hoping it would be ready for round up. I might be home that week, maybe for good this time. I'm getting commissioned as an officer this week and I'm in the middle of deciding whether to come home or take on a new job until they shut down the base. I'll work on getting pictures posted, but it's not going to be anything exciting, it's a very slow build.

In other news, there's a ton of up-armored vehicles to include land cruisers we're going to destroy pretty soon. The original plan was to transfer them to the Iraqis but certain events led to a different decision. I know it's blasphemous and there are so many good working parts like diesel engines full floating axles and 5 speed transmissions, but I rather burn it all than hand it over.

Last edited:
Nothing worth mentioning really. Got the wiring, the fuel lines and the transmission retainer bearing cut down by 3/8 to fit the adapter. I ordered a 12500lbs water proof winch that will arrive today, I plan on taking the one I currently have and mount it in the rear later. I'm hoping it would be ready for round up. I might be home that week, maybe for good this time. I'm getting commissioned as an officer this week and I'm in the middle of deciding whether to come home or take on a new job until they shut down the base. I'll work on getting pictures posted, but it's not going to be anything exciting, it's a very slow build.

In other news, there's a ton of up-armored vehicles to include land cruisers we're going to destroy pretty soon. The original plan was to transfer them to the Iraqis but certain events led to a different decision. I know it's blasphemous and there are so many good working parts like diesel engines full floating axles and 5 speed transmissions, but I rather burn it all than hand it over.

Congrats on becoming an officer! Very cool.

The other part, not so cool.

Anyone know where I can order a clutch fork for a 93 or older dodge diesel? That's what's missing right now, then we can install the tranny. I tried googling where I can buy one, but the internet either drops or sends me to some sites in the middle east. Hoping someone here can guide me or know where to source one. Thanks.

Anyone know where I can order a clutch fork for a 93 or older dodge diesel? That's what's missing right now, then we can install the tranny. I tried googling where I can buy one, but the internet either drops or sends me to some sites in the middle east. Hoping someone here can guide me or know where to source one. Thanks.

Here is a site that has the mopar numbers for the fork and ball.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/getrag-clutch-fork-t184936.html

thanks Stevo. I saw that thread but it doesn't say where I can order one. Found this website
http://www.quad4x4.com/qu10523.html but they are sold out, so I'm essentially stuck right now.

What about RockAuto.com?! Was just looking on there and didnt see anything definitively labeled clutch fork, but I could be looking at the wrong vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom