Cummins 6bt 12v swap (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I just picked up what I hope will be my new drivetrain for my 60. It's a Cummins 12 valve. My question is who has done this swap without going SOA? I don't want mine to set up that high if possible. If there are any build threads please share with me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thx!
tempImageSmgqHu.jpg
IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6440.JPG

P-pumped!!! 😱
I went with 4BT and went SOA. I’ve been super stoked. This swap is more commonly done in the 80s series. The amount of torque and weight will be a concern to build up the suspension. Will follow along. You can check out my build thread. Builds - Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/project-snowball-85-fj60-cummins-4bt-hx-30-super-nv4500-soa.1035171/

@jakerudy has a 6BT in his 60 series.

Last edited:
There is a guy that’s done this. Don’t know his mud name but I’m sure many do. His name is Kit and he lives in Houston. He’s very active in the 60 sections on Facebook

There is a guy that’s done this. Don’t know his mud name but I’m sure many do. His name is Kit and he lives in Houston. He’s very active in the 60 sections on Facebook
Yep don’t know his mud handle. He isn’t SOA. Really clean swap. IIRC he was able to clock the engine to get enough clearance to keep SUA.

Yes! I found him on FB and have messaged. His build was awesome. He’s been helpful early on with the few questions I had.

Praise God for this💨💨

Yes! I found him on FB and have messaged. His build was awesome. He’s been helpful early on with the few questions I had.
I joined some Facebook 60 pages. Can you let me know which page it is, I got brake questions? I’ve swapped 4bt into my fj60 and need some hydroboost advice. No room for pump or vac pump. Power steering and MC need upgraded. Hoping he or someone on here or him would have some advice for me. Steering pump and master cylinder are original. It’s stops but you pucker in certain situations. Stick shift helps.

I joined some Facebook 60 pages. Can you let me know which page it is, I got brake questions? I’ve swapped 4bt into my fj60 and need some hydroboost advice. No room for pump or vac pump. Power steering and MC need upgraded. Hoping he or someone on here or him would have some advice for me. Steering pump and master cylinder are original. It’s stops but you pucker in certain situations. Stick shift helps.
@Hojack should be able to help ya out if this question is geared more the 4bt swap if it's a general brake question post it up in your own thread with details and pictures this forum can help figure it out.
Good luck
Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom