Builds Big Green Buffalo Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is my version of gofundme hahaha

Also, this..

5E9B4D2B-D033-4E3E-B3B7-ECB9FD00C35B.jpeg
BFABA9DF-5E2D-4536-AC8A-5CA104D9B55B.jpeg
3B516AB6-14BB-4151-B269-DBAC18E17AE2.jpeg

None at the moment, i just did all the measuring yesterday and have decided that 6” total length bump stop with the stock rubber on the end should be perfect. Itll compress the rubber about 3/4” at most, leaving me 5-1/4” from frame to axle, i have 4-3/4” when the tire hits the body and the shock compresses fully. I have about a 1/2” buffer zone between the body and the tires with the 6” bump stop with the rubber bit compressed. Keep in mind, i have only been testing this at full articulation, one side fully extended and the other side as far up as itll go. Hopefully as the tires cycle in all the different combinations of extension/compression i wont encounter rubbing somewhere unexpected.. ill explain that more as i get that giant hole patched up..

Just to clarify, that bump stop has the stock rubber end included, total length is 6”
If you're looking at stops around that length, Timbrens might be a good fit. Been super happy with mine and I don't miss the hard bottom you get with stock rubber stops.

Today i ordered what is probably THE MOST EXCITING thing i have ever ordered for this truck.. im gonna keep it a close secret for now, but you can bet your sweet asses youll see it in the future ;)

Really nice work !!

So is one side going to have more clearance then the other ?

Really nice work !!

So is one side going to have more clearance then the other ?
Thanks

No, i have to cut the left side wide open now too. As you know, the shapes of the wheel wells are totally different due to the fuel filler, and there is already more clearance on the left side because of that. Ill go back in on the left side and make it match the right. Also ill probably have to build an entire section to locate the filler tube rearward enough to clear the tire completely. I tried and tried to avoid that, but now im fully committed to making it all work properly.

Today i ordered what is probably THE MOST EXCITING thing i have ever ordered for this truck.. im gonna keep it a close secret for now, but you can bet your sweet asses youll see it in the future ;)

well, you already have the PCK, so I'm at a loss. ;)
(hellfire knuckles would've been my second guess)

well, you already have the PCK, so I'm at a loss. ;)
(hellfire knuckles would've been my second guess)
If were guessing I say a 4wheell Underground 3 link kit. that would be EXCITING !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom