Builds Big Green Buffalo Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol. Thats in my very recent search history actually. I think ill build my own when its time.
The nice thing about 4wheel underground is they did the math and it takes all the guess work out 😜
That being said I have a friend that going to get there kit and I just may copy it !

Its very nice, with a price to match.. there are lots of options, and im no stranger to spending big money, i just dont need that kit at the moment.

Its very nice, with a price to match.. there are lots of options, and im no stranger to spending big money, i just dont need that kit at the moment.
Yep I get it !!

Im making progress on the fuel filler saga. Turns out you need to remove a bunch of the floor to fit a 40 and a fuel filler.

I want to do a bit of explaining here. Once the filler tube was cut i was fully committed. I have a new set of factory filler tube to tank hoses to use as a union between the now cut tube sections. The hoses will provide a bit of an advantage in locating the tubes, theyll make up some distance and theyll bend pretty easily. I wanted to keep the gas cap in the original position if i could, so i reinstalled the inner and outer rubber/plastic pieces, i jacked the tire up, then i installed the tube to see what kind of clearance i had, turns out i have plenty. Ill end mounting the the “tank side” tube in its original location and hoping the “body side” will be close enough to use the hoses to make up the difference. I havent tried that yet, but i will this week. This has been the hardest part of the project, mostly deciding how to do it, i had some buddies over to brain storm, we though of moving the fuel door in the body, boat style filler/caps with a long hose all the way to the tank, on and on and on… i just started cutting and this is what i ultimately wanted anyway, mostly stock. Ill update with more info and pictures soon.

87500DFF-B81E-43BB-B643-C54CC4AA4BC1.jpeg
A1EBD29E-C801-4FA2-BD27-0A0A61D0B2E7.jpeg
753FB046-9E31-4897-AD34-C756EEACCA47.jpeg
3660C232-41BA-4D98-93C1-793D676174F0.jpeg
35FC4F27-E1D7-47AE-A072-F3FBE312E55D.jpeg

Last edited:
Fuel filler “tank side” is reinstalled and the hoses were trimmed down about 2.5” I have fully installed the “body side” and it clears the tire completely, i do t have a picture of that at the moment. Ill be mounting the body side with a couple P-clamps and spacers to final position. More pictures when that happens.

E5A11C49-0284-46AB-B99C-9D7C34963423.jpeg
9C5CED71-FE8F-405E-A346-6295E8784DE8.jpeg
66672C1C-DDA9-4ACE-97E1-5CA27BE26D97.jpeg

Great work! The tubs came out great!

For now im going to leave them like this. I can always add to them later if needed. I dont have a tubing bender or a buddy with one, so thats part of the reason. The other part is the leverage on the body, the further out the sliders extend the more leverage the rocks have to bend the stock rockers. I dont expect these to stay put too long if i get them in big rocks, but i have so much clearance that im not sure ill use these too often anyway. Time will tell..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom