Builds Big Green Buffalo Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im fundamentally against body lifts. Im in the process of choosing lift parts right now. Once all that is here and installed, ill commence necessary trimming and moving body parts. No doubt ill lose the low stance, but ill ultimately end up with more overall suspension travel and ground clearance, sacrifices…
A lot of people for some reason have a hatred of body lifts. I have significantly more capability with suspension and body lift combo vs going pure suspension lift.

A lot of hatred out there for body lifts for good reason, but for most I would think its because the stupid idiots that put on 2 to even 4 inch body lifts that put the bolts in a very high leverage scenario. There is many benefits of a body lift that most dont realize till they have one. A few are less bump stop is needed to fit same size tire, more air flow through engine, lifts up gas tank even to the frame, allows more space for over frame exhaust & also allows you to run the sliders strait out from the frame etc... the list goes on, but I'm not hear to muck up a great build thread by pimping body lifts on every 80 series owner.

The bronze wheel has always been a awesome combo with the green 80.:clap:

i finally lifted the truck..

springs ---- C97-144vt, C97-145vt

shocks ---- Gs59-684, Gs59-685

caster plates ---- Wa59-514k

rear sway bar brackets ---- Se59-519

@eimkeith ---- rear pan hard correction brackets

Untitled by bill bill2, on Flickr

🤔 I'm going to have to think about it

26FEC6D8-1C98-421A-82E7-C798B298D9AD.jpeg

Kelsey approves.

A lot of people for some reason have a hatred of body lifts. I have significantly more capability with suspension and body lift combo vs going pure suspension lift.
Done right I agree with you. I think the bad name comes from some of the ridiculous body lifts out there....

That Green Buffalo is getting Phat...
Looks like the new Dobi 144/145VT is giving some big lift. Are you running light? Looks like you are.
No need for a body lift now.:p
Lift still can be measured via the front panhard bolts as per the Delta way, top to bottom horizontally, stock is 1". Meaning if you now have 7" spread you have a 6" lift.
The rear can be done via the OEM manual, stock is 4.09" from top of axle to bottom of frame mounted rubber bump stop.
One last question... how is the on road driving characteristics?

That Green Buffalo is getting Phat...
Looks like the new Dobi 144/145VT is giving some big lift. Are you running light? Looks like you are.
No need for a body lift now.:p
Lift still can be measured via the front panhard bolts as per the Delta way, top to bottom horizontally, stock is 1". Meaning if you now have 7" spread you have a 6" lift.
The rear can be done via the OEM manual, stock is 4.09" from top of axle to bottom of frame mounted rubber bump stop.
One last question... how is the on road driving characteristics?

it rides pretty good, a bit stiff but in a good way. the truck is fairly light at the moment, i built a huge cargo box recently, its weighs about 200lbs empty. Between the box, tools and recovery gear, a spare 140lb spare tire, its gonna get a bit heavier full loaded.

This thing is too cool.

One question regarding that chopping of the front fenders, i want to do it to mine but am worried having all that sheet metal removed and batteries on each inner guard will affect that strength and possibly collapse?

Last edited:
This thing is too cool.

One question regarding that chopping of the front fenders, i want to do it to mine but am worried having all that sheet metal removed and batteries on each inner guard will affect that strength and possibly collapse?

thanks ;)

There is plenty of sheet metal under and on 2 sides of each battery. I dont think there will be any risk of batteries bending or deforming that sheet metal under their own weight. There is no vertical wall below the battery bottoms anymore, but i cant imagine any senecio where that would be a problem.

Buy cutting out the inner finders and most of the radiator support the structural integrity of the front clip has definitely been compromised.
To what extent only time and wheeling will tell.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom