Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry didn't work on that project.
Update on me: Just completed one robotic gripper project. And just completed the journal paper and submitted it. I could not share more at this time. Once the paper gets accepted, I can talk more haha.
Ben I’m glad you completed the paper and got it submitted. And I understand you are a very busy man. Will this project be looked into, or is it getting removed from the list?Sorry to bug you about it, but I need to get my plans made for this project one way or another.

I might have missed it, sorry if I did, but is there some sort of subwoofer storage option that replaces the subwoofer cavity?

Ben I’m glad you completed the paper and got it submitted. And I understand you are a very busy man. Will this project be looked into, or is it getting removed from the list?Sorry to bug you about it, but I need to get my plans made for this project one way or another.
I understand. I still plan to make it. But I cannot give a time eta. Many projects on hand.
I wanted to mount a camera and two Baja Designs S2 on each side.

I understand. I still plan to make it. But I cannot give a time eta. Many projects on hand.
I wanted to mount a camera and two Baja Designs S2 on each side.
No worries and thanks for the response. That may just be worth waiting for.

I had a CAD design with modular USB, 120V outlets. Let me know what you need in the place.
Oh, that sounds useful. If it's modular, I suppose it has some standard-sized spots where we can choose what we put in there? I know there's not much space back there, but I'd love to mount a small inverter back there or maybe even have a small 'secret' storage space to safely store things.

This gentleman made a perfect ashtray replacement unit. It looks like a painted fiber glass mod based on the factory ashtray assembly.

Make 34 Hazard/DiffLock Switches Swap Kit

This make mounts the Hazard/Difflock switches to the passenger side.

1626246978599.png

Overview:

1626252268520.png

Why did I want to swap the switches?

1626252991850.png

Installation Instruction:
A. Preparation
A-1. Pry open the console with a plastic pry tool.
A-2. Remove the factory Hazard/DiffLock switch assembly.

B. Replace the short factory cable.
B-1. Remove the main circuit board.
B-2. Remove the main circuit board.
B-3. Replace the short cable with the provided long one.
B-4. Put the main circuit board back.
B-5. Put the cover back.

2021-07-14_3-50-20.jpg

C. Install the swap kit.
C-1. This is the removed switch assembly from A-2.
C-2. Disassemble the unit.
C-3. Insert the white slides in the guides.
C-4. Insert the switch covers. Press until you hear a click.
C-5. Insert the partially assembled unit in the passenger side console.
C-6. Put the switch circuit board on.
C-7. Press the switch covers until you hear clicks.

2021-07-14_4-22-50.jpg

Purchase

$100 plus shipping
Includes
(a) The 3d printed switch mount.
(b) Fasteners.
(c) The longer cable.

Last edited:
Make 34 Hazard/DiffLock Switches Swap Kit

This make mounts the Hazard/Difflock switches to the passenger side.

View attachment 2730750

Overview:

View attachment 2730767

Why did I want to swap the switches?

View attachment 2730769

Installation Instruction:
A. Preparation
A-1. Pry open the console with a plastic pry tool.
A-2. Remove the factory Hazard/DiffLock switch assembly.

B. Replace the short factory cable.
B-1. Remove the main circuit board.
B-2. Remove the main circuit board.
B-3. Replace the short cable with the provided long one.
B-4. Put the main circuit board back.
B-5. Put the cover back.

View attachment 2730764

C. Install the swap kit.
C-1. This is the removed switch assembly from A-2.
C-2. Disassemble the unit.
C-3. Insert the white slides in the guides.
C-4. Insert the switch covers. Press until you hear a click.
C-5. Insert the partially assembled unit in the passenger side console.
C-6. Put the switch circuit board on.
C-7. Press the switch covers until you hear clicks.

View attachment 2730768

Purchase

$100 Shipped.
Includes
(a) The 3d printed switch mount.
(b) Fasteners.
(c) The longer cable.
@suprarx7nut

That Make 34 is super trick.
I already have the Make 2 installed so probably won't do it but given the frequency of use between phone and those two switches, this is a brilliant idea.

Hello,
Could you consider making an insert that goes where the factory diff lock switch sits - which will then accept a factory Toyota switch? 2 switches would be good even, but dont think that square shape is large enough...
1626412512995.png

Hello,
Could you consider making an insert that goes where the factory diff lock switch sits - which will then accept a factory Toyota switch? 2 switches would be good even, but dont think that square shape is large enough...
View attachment 2732510
Pretty ironic timing for your post. I chatted with Ben about this yesterday. He is going to try to rig something up to accept two OEM style switches for that hole. I’m sure he’ll chime in.

Pretty ironic timing for your post. I chatted with Ben about this yesterday. He is going to try to rig something up to accept two OEM style switches for that hole. I’m sure he’ll chime in.
Freaky
Yeah well the 100's in Australia didnt all come out with factory diff locks so there's a blank square instead

Hello,
View attachment 2732510

Anybody know if this piece has it's own pn? I've tried looking but I can't seem to find anything. Looks like it can only come as an assembly with the whole lower dash. I've cut mine up to accept several different switches and would like to start from a fresh slate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom