Anyone seen a Full-covering FJ40 Bikini Top?? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirt Road Tops makes or made (don't see it on the website) a bimini top of excellent fit and quality.
Works great with oem bows.

Yes... Bimini tops

x2. OEM bows and a Bimini top. Here's my old setup.

i-krDgBMJ.jpg

Hi, found this pic of a Jeep with a soft top which covers the whole vehicle, but not the sides.
Here's a pic https://www.4wd.com/sku/Smittybilt/400x400/93615-01.jpg

Anyone seen this for FJ40? I have a bikini top from bestop, but it makes the back seats basically useless.

Thanks!

What the f*** is up with all those websites that block foreign IPs !??
Opera Instantané_2020-06-13_171552_www.4wd.com.png

I can understand they don't want to sell oversea but completely blocking foreign IPs is rude !

Still not as worst as websites like Smitty Bilt that block at the Firewall...
Opera Instantané_2020-06-13_171932_www.smittybiltdepot.com.png

I can buy their product on Amazon or some other merchants but I can't see the product sheet on their website !

In these last weeks I found a lot of websites linked to 4wd gear are blocking foreign IPs, what is going on ?
Never experienced that before this year.

Thank you! I haven't seen this page on SOR before. Looks like it required an extra roll bar...?

Yes family cage

Anything you do you would need to get an extra bar in the back to hold it up... Or as u said it would make the rear seats useless

I had this one also from sor ... loved it

View attachment 2338862
Neat! Unfortunately it fits 9/73 rollbars and newer. Mine is 5/73. :doh:

If aftermarket or somebody used an oem rollbar in your pre oem rollbar truck.... then you need to check the distance to see if it will work

From sor: “42-3/4 inch measurement from front outer top of windshield frame to center of roll bar”

Can you still buy OEM bows, or does anybody make repops?

Real Steel sells a full kit for around $1100.

I wish there was a simple bow kit just for a bimini that maybe connected to the roll bars
I have no desire for a full soft top, but would love a bimini.

Real Steel sells a full kit for around $1100.

I wish there was a simple bow kit just for a bimini that maybe connected to the roll bars
I have no desire for a full soft top, but would love a bimini.

Same here.

Several people bent their own oem bows ... back when there were no other options

You could bend your own rear bow ... or ... buy just the rear now from real steel?

Make a spreader bar to hold it taught

Just an idea

Would love to have the family top, without buying a family cage for $$$ Seems there's got to be a relatively low tech way to make one work.
(KISS: Keep it simple Stupid) Also, keep the hard top option if you chose to.

I found a couple of great examples from some Mud members hoping to hear back from them.
@ArizonaFJ has the Olive and @ErikinSC has the Dune Beige

IMG_0613.JPG

image.jpeg

Would love to have the family top, without buying a family cage for $$$ Seems there's got to be a relatively low tech way to make one work.
(KISS: Keep it simple Stupid) Also, keep the hard top option if you chose to.

I found a couple of great examples from some Mud members hoping to hear back from them.
@ArizonaFJ has the Olive and @ErikinSC has the Dune Beige

View attachment 2339231

View attachment 2339232
This worked for my need. Bolts onto the factory side loop. Fits inside the facotry hard top. An alternative would be to use a 2nd main loop, and straight tubing between them. Should be quick and simple, and cost less than a cu$tom bar like I have.
7BD8F9C2-5751-4F8D-9F78-084FC6F4652D.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom