Builds An HJ61 followed me home to Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if you haven't already tore it apart, or if you already have, you probably don't want to hear this but that small plastic cup being in the transmission is honestly not a big deal at all. It will either sit peacefully at the bottom of the transmission or just get ground to shreds by H55f gears. It wont hurt anything.

Now if you don't have a replacement, that's another story

So just shred and drain. :)

@cruisermatt I immediately ordered two.

I might have a more fun way to inspect the location of that freaking piece of nylon. One of my friends happens to be a urologist. He has a portable digital cystoscope with a grabber on it. It has never been used on humans, it was just a teaching tool for residents.
BBF46DB7-5652-4B90-BB61-E31AABCAC920.jpeg
9E0EFD98-BE08-48B7-AE5A-91683748E08A.jpeg

Maybe next week after Roundup, we go fishing!

It honestly doesn’t change much, as I’m going to have to take the motor out to deal with the oil leak anyway. I might as well just pop the cover of the transmission off while it’s out.

And you're sure that's not been in someone's :chicken: ?

I recently acquired a CT scanner and am trying to think of ways to use it for trucks if you have any ideas.

Ouch. That looks painful! LOL!

I just wanna know how one acquires A CT SCANNER???

Although I could have bought an ancient MRI for a steal, once.

They sell industrial CT scanners for doing inspection and metrology on parts/assemblies.

Well, the oil leak has been found and subsequently fixed. And it’s embarrassing, but I’m not too proud to admit my faults in public. I left some gasket material on the face of the oil line. @orangefj45 and Bill Stayner helped me tear the rig apart, and then put it back together. I owe both of them a beer....well, way more than that.

We turned it over after scraping the gasket crud off and she runs beautifully.

Thanks, friends. And thanks to @CandyPants for letting us delay your trip home for a couple of hours for some wrenching.

3986F313-DA78-46CD-9D26-7630F2393C19.jpeg

Best way to learn. I have let many an employee fail, then point out how they failed, then make them fix it. They never seem to make the mistake again.

Cheers

Yeah, I won’t make that mistake a second time. I just plain missed it.

I was so careful with that part, not wanting to ruin it because mine was in such good condition. I specifically did not take a wire brush or wire wheel to any single part of it not, wanting to ruin the corrugations or either gasket facing surface. I just missed it. And I double checked every other thing so carefully… I’m just glad this was an easy fix without a fatal consequence.

Especially when it wasn’t puking its guts out.

Also, the consensus in the room was to let the shifter seat bang around down in the transmission and get ground up. Bill stuck his bore scope in there for a while and couldn’t come up with anything. So...no urologic instrument of questionable vintage will be necessary.

Also, the consensus in the room was to let the shifter seat bang around down in the transmission and get ground up.

that's what I like to hear

Dammit, I missed it. Next time!

March 2021 is only 4 months away. I’m sure I’ll still have enough wrenching projects to occupy a few hours! I am hoping the 61 will be back on the road before that, though.

Thanks, friends. And thanks to @CandyPants for letting us delay your trip home for a couple of hours for some wrenching.

Are you kidding??? My kid had a freaking BLAST. She's asking if we can come visit again!

I just wish we would have found the leaking brake line when we were at your place...it was a long ride with a lot of downshifting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom