an age-old PS question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know it's probably been like two days since someone asked this question, but which PS conversion route would work best (or would you recommend) for:

- a 40 with a 350,
- the least cost in parts,
- the least amount of mods/fabs,
- ...and still provides good handling and the ability to be flat towed.

I've read most of the tips posted in tech and narrowed my choices down to either a Scout or GM. Which one?

Thank you!

looks like all of us that would like power steering need to find a mark...or at least someone that can weld :cool:

osagecruiser

gm and scout are essentially the same as far as performance is concerned. Just depends on where you want to mount your box.

osagecruiser said:
looks like all of us that would like power steering need to find a mark...or at least someone that can weld :cool:

osagecruiser

If you can use a glue gun with limited visibility, you can use a mig welder. :)

bustanutley said:

So are you saying you know how to use a Glue Gun? :D I'll have to ask Mike about that.

i did ps on my 350, takes minimal skill it sounds harder than it really is. i was more afraid of screwing something up than anything. welding is easy to pick up, just practice and have someone show you the right way and youll be doing it too. it wasnt to expensive either, less than 500 bucks excluding hi steer

bustanutley said:

If you use a welder like a glue gun, you don't want to be welding on any steering components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom