A new batch of OBD1READ - OBD1 scan tool for FZJ80 93-94 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

A new batch of OBD1READ bare are officially underway.

200 UNITS IN THE MAKING.​

will be on https://zf-scantools.com when the batch is completed.

oy.jpg

Will this batch be able to mount inside as to keep them away from the heat.
I see just wires instead of a pigtail

Would this also work for the OBD1 in a 94 1HD-T…?

Would this also work for the OBD1 in a 94 1HD-T…?

What? Hd-t has mechanical injection. Nothing to read.

The only thing there may be a readable ecu for could "maybe" be EGR system control? If yours is from a market that had EGR systems But even then i think it's vacuum servo based?

Will this batch be able to mount inside as to keep them away from the heat.
I see just wires instead of a pigtail

Be interesting to see.

The one i have is kind of the opposite.
It's made with a generic, molded OBD plug/lead.
The termination is done inside the blue case.

You could cut and slice a longer plug/lead tail onto one. Leads are a few dollars on Ebay/Amazon etc

Be interesting to see.

The one i have is kind of the opposite.
It's made with a generic, molded OBD plug/lead.
The termination is done inside the blue case.

You could cut and slice a longer plug/lead tail onto one. Leads are a few dollars on Ebay/Amazon etc
Yes I have had a few, they all had the plug for the OBD1 port.
I didn’t want to cut and splice 😉

Ideally, it would come prepinned with a 3-4”
Pigtail so you could get through the firewall and put the OBD1 plug on.
This way it could be mounted inside the rig and keep cool.

Not complaining, I really like these but burned up two of them mounting them in the engine bay.
Side note when they melt down it can make the truck throw codes🧐

I want one but when I try to create an account it asks for human verification but it won’t give a test question or????
🤷‍♂️

What? Hd-t has mechanical injection. Nothing to read.

The only thing there may be a readable ecu for could "maybe" be EGR system control? If yours is from a market that had EGR systems But even then i think it's vacuum servo based?

I’ll admit to being totally ignorant here. I thought the diagnostic port under the bonnet, that you typically jump with a paper clip and count the flashes, was OBD1….?

I’ll admit to being totally ignorant here. I thought the diagnostic port under the bonnet, that you typically jump with a paper clip and count the flashes, was OBD1….?
Post a pic

1HD-T uses mechanical injection.
There is nothing for a computer to run.

The enjoy thing in aware of that might use an ECU is EGR system. I think, but far from confident, European models my have had EGR system for emissions regs.

Post a pic

1HD-T uses mechanical injection.
There is nothing for a computer to run.

The enjoy thing in aware of that might use an ECU is EGR system. I think, but far from confident, European models my have had EGR system for emissions regs.
I’ll try and get a picture tomorrow. I remember using it to diagnose an ABS fault. I used a paper clip to bridge two ports and counted the flashes before and after a pause. Then used FSM to work out what they meant. I think it may also read cruise control faults.

My truck is a U.K. 1994 1HDT

I’ll try and get a picture tomorrow. I remember using it to diagnose an ABS fault. I used a paper clip to bridge two ports and counted the flashes before and after a pause. Then used FSM to work out what they meant. I think it may also read cruise control faults.

My truck is a U.K. 1994 1HDT
Interesting. That makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom