93 engine into a 95! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have both a 1995 and a 93 1fz and need to swap the engines, wiring is fried due to engine fire in the 95 and the 93 is rusting to bits so I’m putting the 93 engine into the 95 because it has less kms on the engine and a new clutch. Can’t really find a harness anywhere for the 95 so iv been weighing up a few options. Put the ecu and wiring loom from the 93-95, try and use what’s left of the 95 harness and the 93 harness to make it work? What are my options? What’s possible? Mechanically I’m not struggling but electrically I’m baffled!! Help!!!

Depends on production month on your 95. My 95 is a June production so it is all obd2 same as 96&97. Are the intakes the same or different, post picks of the air cleaner to intake manifolds. If they are not the same you have more work to do in the swap.

I think your looking at a up hill battle, there two completely different animals.
Has it been done before yes, was it worth it, not in the eyes of previous posters !
JMHO

I think your looking at a up hill battle, there two completely different animals.
Has it been done before yes, was it worth it, not in the eyes of previous posters !
JMHO
Is they much difference in the engines?, I seen somewhere that was saying they was an oil sensor different, guess I can just swap ecu and wiring harness and be a happy man?

Is they much difference in the engines?, I seen somewhere that was saying they was an oil sensor different, guess I can just swap ecu and wiring harness and be a happy man?
Because my next thought is sticking with the 93 engine in the 95 but getting a 95 harness?

93 is OBD 1
The wiring harness is completely different.
So replacing the 95s harness is your best bet.

The 93 engine will need a few things from the 95.
Crank sensor sleeve behind the harmonic balancer
Oil pans from 95 to accommodate the crank sensor
Get rid of the PAIR system, swap with the coolant crossover pipe from the 95 (front to rear)
Wiring harness for the 95
Exhaust manifolds from the 95

95 has two O2 sensors one in front one behind the cats.

The 93 block and head are the same. It's the external accessories that are different. Check your sensors.

There are a few threads in here to do this swap. Easier to go older to newer than newer to older.

93-94s have two O2 sensors also.
If you had an engine fire in the 95 you may have to source some of those things to put on your 93 engine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom