A Belgian HJ60 restoration progress (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Caught up with the present day!

The old undercoating does not come off easy.
The only way is with a heating gun (i use a full-on flamethrower) and a scraper. Afterwards many, many, many stripping discs in different sizes to be able to clean everything.
20+ hours of grinding in and only halfway of the underside paint prep. Will need to weld some rust holes though.

F336EF4B-3468-41AF-AFA9-BEF39C1B5DEB.jpeg

BEA4760F-57F7-4FC7-8AA8-EC992063721F.jpeg

BA391903-652A-4A8C-8933-1092EBC83B4A.jpeg

Impressive work and level of detail so far! What is your plan with the 2H?

Santé!
The 2H currently has 216 000 km's on the clock, so there's plenty left. Belgian laws don't allow me to upgrade sadly, have to keep the same type of engine.
For now, I'll freshen her up on the exterior but won't crack her open yet. Thinking new paint, maybe revise the IP. I already have new sensors, thermostat, filters and handpump ordered. Main objective is to get everything running perfectly as it was before, maybe in the future i'll get her redone. Kind of curious to find out how slow this engine is exactly, people on this forum keep commenting on that.

Its not bad with a manual transmission! Don’t hesitate to drive it harder than you think. Its a tough engine.

Its not bad with a manual transmission! Don’t hesitate to drive it harder than you think. Its a tough engine.
Will do and can't wait. Hope it will be ready summer next year. Also got myself a new clutch, so I should be good to punch it!

The 2H currently has 216 000 km's on the clock, so there's plenty left. Belgian laws don't allow me to upgrade sadly, have to keep the same type of engine.
For now, I'll freshen her up on the exterior but won't crack her open yet. Thinking new paint, maybe revise the IP. I already have new sensors, thermostat, filters and handpump ordered. Main objective is to get everything running perfectly as it was before, maybe in the future i'll get her redone. Kind of curious to find out how slow this engine is exactly, people on this forum keep commenting on that.
It is really slow. Usefull rpm range is from idle to a bit over 2000. Between that all the magic happens, over that nothing. But in other hand there is really no difference what gears you use when accelerating. It is tough engine but not a quick one. But it sounds nice. And if you want it to move and hold the speed nice you will have to screw the pump a little. I have now adjusted it so that there comes a bit smoke with full throttle. Now it holds the speed better.

Nice work btw with the restoration.

Nice job! Maybe do a compression test but it is slow and steady uphill, now with boat trailer in Croatia.
It is all the new cars ging 130 uphill and we driving in the truck lane right side doing 40 km/H.
Then I have to watch out not wanting to much from it.
Like steady in 2 nd gear 1800 rpm or try in 3th 2500 and over rev 2nd to 3500 to get to 3.

Same with our mobile home Fiat Ducato 280 2.5 diesel. In Norway had 4 km uphill in first gear with locked throttle steady going up and nobody behind us so no issue untill other drivers want to overtake you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom