8x Series V8 Swaps (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting it works on a test signal. To me that’s half the battle. Was this your LC before? Did it work before? I assume you’re getting good signal from PCM, mine was a Gen 3 from a 2000 HD LQ4. So not sure your exact set up. I did the resistor bypass. And if you look you should fine a post I did with my setting on my DD box.
That was the part that stumped the guys at Dakota Digital as well. Short of using an oscilloscope, I know the signal works.

We've got nearly the same setup. My rig is a 94, donor ecm (gen 3 p59) is from an 03 Suburban. Tach worked just fine prior to the swap with the 1FZ. I copied your settings on the SGI100 to start, which netted me a test signal that works, better than nothing! haha

Engine is LQ9 based. 4l60 trans. Once I get a few things buttoned up, I was thinking I'd make a post in here with the things that were a big help, as well as the things I did a little differently. I've got about 1200 miles on it now, love it!
I've gone ly6 & 4l70e so I'd be interested in your build for sure as they are so similar

Maybe because they didn't plan out their wiring at all?

I've seen a lot of head scratching wiring going on with some these swaps.

The Toyota wiring is really good. It's really easy to understand what does what and how you can eliminate the 1FZ and keep the harness working 100% like it did from the factory. It's works out nice.

I don't even know how you would leave it connected. If you wire everything up right there won't be anything left connected to it.
I hear you. I’ve seen other posts on this as well as removing virtually everything from the wiring harness. Including the diagnostics port. Problem is if you have an ABS problem or an airbag broblem you can’t fix it.

True the original ECM is a brick behind the glove box but who cares? By the time you are done it may be more work to pull it than to leave it there. I chose to leave it, knowing it does virtually nothing.

Has anyone got the gear indicator in the dash to work with a 6l80e transmission? I searched and didn't come up with anything other than this
Thanks

Last edited:
Has anyone got the gear indicator in the dash to work with a 6l80e transmission? I searched and didn't come up with anything other than this
Thanks

I'm also interested. I've thought about using a Dakota Digital GSS-3000, but the outputs are only good to 250mA. Maybe there are LED bulbs that could replace the incandescent ones in the dash and work. I haven't put a lot of effort into this so I'm not sure.

Does anybody monitoring this thread have access to Mitchell or Alldata ? I need to R&R a 6L80 tranny, and don’t have access to the shop resources I used to have when I did the swap so I’m going to have to find a local shop. However, it’s understandable that it may be a bit creepy for anybody to give a solid estimate since it’s a Chevy/Toyota mix & match. I don’t expect to pound my fist on the counter and insist on a number.

I’d just like a baseline.
Please PM me

Does anybody monitoring this thread have access to Mitchell or Alldata ? I need to R&R a 6L80 tranny, and don’t have access to the shop resources I used to have when I did the swap so I’m going to have to find a local shop. However, it’s understandable that it may be a bit creepy for anybody to give a solid estimate since it’s a Chevy/Toyota mix & match. I don’t expect to pound my fist on the counter and insist on a number.

I’d just like a baseline.
Please PM me
I'll try and remember to look Monday if you haven't got a estimate by then.

Got it in and close to ready to go. Hooked up a ecm to see if it would crank and it does, no idea what the ecm was out of or programed for so shut it off after it cranked.

Got it in and close to ready to go. Hooked up a ecm to see if it would crank and it does, no idea what the ecm was out of or programed for so shut it off after it cranked.

When you say cranks do you mean starts?

If so that is just VATs doing it's thing

Anyone have a part number for this seal? I can’t remember anything about it. Maybe it is factory GM part?

2079B110-EF0C-4CD0-B9FE-7FDCA6A97940.jpeg

Is anyone (or is there even the need to) refreshing the fusible link due to a larger alternator?
Depends what load you've added to the OEM fuse blocks. I run a 280A alternator, but the added load is all run through a new fuse block and a switchpro that are tied directly to the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom