8x Series V8 Swaps (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got tired of looking at my ABS light constantly on so I installed the Marks ABS relo kit onto my already parttime SLEE V8 80 and finally have eye peace ! It’s a long story but after a very long wait and slow boat from Australia I ended up buying two kits , if someone in this forum is interested I’ll sell the second kit for a deal just direct message me . I’m glad I made the install .

Got my power steering hoses done. Not sure I’m happy with them. I have the pressure line coming up and over where the battery block on a truck motor goes. Which I really like the idea of using. We’ll see. For now it’s hooked up. Can always change it later.

336E0D88-26AC-4E50-A517-0AED9262E20E.jpeg

22ABDD54-3412-4770-B186-045585B42808.jpeg

I got tired of looking at my ABS light constantly on so I installed the Marks ABS relo kit onto my already parttime SLEE V8 80 and finally have eye peace ! It’s a long story but after a very long wait and slow boat from Australia I ended up buying two kits , if someone in this forum is interested I’ll sell the second kit for a deal just direct message me . I’m glad I made the install .
i just pulled the bulb.

Got my power steering hoses done. Not sure I’m happy with them. I have the pressure line coming up and over where the battery block on a truck motor goes. Which I really like the idea of using. We’ll see. For now it’s hooked up. Can always change it later.

View attachment 3267073

View attachment 3267074
Yeah, that’s unnecessarily huge and long.

Are you referring to the oil galley barbell? Glad you figured that out!
No. That’s on the backside. This is the front plug. Long weekend. Got it all back together then the front seal wanted to have the last laugh. Replaced that. We ran the engine for about 30 mins or so while on HPTuner. Still no exhaust so no O2 sensors.

Runs at about 208 pretty consistently. My shop was 56 so no real hard work keeping it cool.

Exhaust install on Wednesday.
Picked up the chariot to tow her with today. Pics coming on Wed.
Brakes are still not bled right so virtually no stop.
Calling insurance tomorrow to officially remove it from storage and set an agreed upon value for coverage. Don’t need some tweaker with no insurance ruining my day.

Leaks remaining:
Power steering.
Coolant (might be fixed)
Deleted the planned oil cooler as it just leaked no matter what.

Gauges working:
Voltage
Fuel
Water temp
Oil pressure.
Speedo? Haven’t driven so don’t know
CEL 😂😂

Left to do:
Repin an O2 sensor.
Pin VSS from GM? Not sure if I need that.
Tach.
Reverse lights.
AC/Fan control.
Remote start
Pin for paddle shifters.
Cruise control.
Adjust gas pedal mount too tall.
Re-install interior.
New steering wheel. 😎
Recover front seats add seat heaters.
Drive to @Delta VS to have Dave check the lift for balancing.
Order a front bumper. 😳

The plan for a lot of the above will be a circuit board with a raspberry pie to drive it all. My technical engineer buddies will be doing that.

She is going for a different look right now.
I will be selling the original engine and tranny very soon. Time to get my shop back.

5A5DB596-8673-46E6-AC56-8A0387A25C91.jpeg

5167364C-7395-4BC8-9D5D-6B1E1209E938.jpeg

No. That’s on the backside. This is the front plug. Long weekend. Got it all back together then the front seal wanted to have the last laugh. Replaced that. We ran the engine for about 30 mins or so while on HPTuner. Still no exhaust so no O2 sensors.

Runs at about 208 pretty consistently. My shop was 56 so no real hard work keeping it cool.

Exhaust install on Wednesday.
Picked up the chariot to tow her with today. Pics coming on Wed.
Brakes are still not bled right so virtually no stop.
Calling insurance tomorrow to officially remove it from storage and set an agreed upon value for coverage. Don’t need some tweaker with no insurance ruining my day.

Leaks remaining:
Power steering.
Coolant (might be fixed)
Deleted the planned oil cooler as it just leaked no matter what.

Gauges working:
Voltage
Fuel
Water temp
Oil pressure.
Speedo? Haven’t driven so don’t know
CEL 😂😂

Left to do:
Repin an O2 sensor.
Pin VSS from GM? Not sure if I need that.
Tach.
Reverse lights.
AC/Fan control.
Remote start
Pin for paddle shifters.
Cruise control.
Adjust gas pedal mount too tall.
Re-install interior.
New steering wheel. 😎
Recover front seats add seat heaters.
Drive to @Delta VS to have Dave check the lift for balancing.
Order a front bumper. 😳

The plan for a lot of the above will be a circuit board with a raspberry pie to drive it all. My technical engineer buddies will be doing that.

She is going for a different look right now.
I will be selling the original engine and tranny very soon. Time to get my shop back.

View attachment 3270878

View attachment 3270879
Nice wheel!

Loaded Rose up on the chariot. Parking gear would hold her. Go figure. PS leaking still. But I got the oil cooler on and appears to be okay.

once the exhaust is on I can get the O2 sensors in and she should run much cleaner.

Then it’s on to addressing the issues in the trans.

9D74F7E2-264C-44D1-B721-51041CA99039.jpeg

A29EF801-4825-4B3B-9604-91305C1AFDF0.jpeg

Loaded Rose up on the chariot. Parking gear would hold her. Go figure. PS leaking still. But I got the oil cooler on and appears to be okay.

once the exhaust is on I can get the O2 sensors in and she should run much cleaner.

Then it’s on to addressing the issues in the trans.

View attachment 3272634

View attachment 3272635
What rear bumper is that if you don't mind me asking.

It’s from @Delta VS I’ll be ordering a front soon. They are pricey. But as someone who sold bumpers for Jeeps for years. These are solid. Quality work.

Literally I have sold thousands of bumpers but Dave’s work is awesome.
Seconding on @Delta VS quality. I've beaten the tar out of mine since I installed it and the swing outs still close like they were new, even with a 37 and fuel mounted and driving over moon rocks at 30MPH for days.

Perfect match for the 80?
Those are going to be pricey even in the junk yard for some time i would think. You can put a stroker crank in a lq4 and get more displacement. The LT would give the option for a 8 or 10 speed. I'm sure it's a smoother driving experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom