8x Series V8 Swaps (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone had issues with HO Tuners not connecting? No matter what I do I can’t get it to connect.

I’ve tried Blue tooth. I’ve tried 3 different cables. I have power in pin 16 and grounded 4/5. 6 is high data and 14 is low data.

The ohms is right at 60
It goes to 120 if I disconnect the PCM.
The high side bumps around don’t 2-3V and low side is consistent. At 2.

Just can’t figure it out. Meanwhile got the new exhaust on. Looks killer. Sounds great too. But wanted to start to look at the O2 sensors etc.

3B1E4626-C6C7-4F1D-A679-952B04E4753A.jpeg

Has anyone had issues with HO Tuners not connecting? No matter what I do I can’t get it to connect.

I’ve tried Blue tooth. I’ve tried 3 different cables. I have power in pin 16 and grounded 4/5. 6 is high data and 14 is low data.

The ohms is right at 60
It goes to 120 if I disconnect the PCM.
The high side bumps around don’t 2-3V and low side is consistent. At 2.

Just can’t figure it out. Meanwhile got the new exhaust on. Looks killer. Sounds great too. But wanted to start to look at the O2 sensors etc.

View attachment 3282365
Is the ecu pins fully seated in the connector of the ecu plug?

Is the ecu pins fully seated in the connector of the ecu plug?
Great question. The ohms check on the high low data would indicate that the network is operational. We should have about 60 ohms. If you unseat thecevu it should. E closer to 120. I had 117 when I did that. So I don’t think that is it.

I worked hard for 2 days. Maybe something is crossed up. I’ll continue to button up things and will get back to this. Just sucks as I am ready to drive it.

As with most things it’s something simple, check grounds? Case grounds, make sure power isn’t timing out if some relay is cutting open? Check for shorts? Sorry keep pressing.

Ground wires strike again. I made a mistake how I grounded the OBD2. Lol.

Now to get the fan relays to work from the E38. @whitestripe. My Derale fans came wired reverse. Red is ground and black is positive. Curious if yours were the same.

Ground wires strike again. I made a mistake how I grounded the OBD2. Lol.

Now to get the fan relays to work from the E38. @whitestripe. My Derale fans came wired reverse. Red is ground and black is positive. Curious if yours were the same.
Glad you figured it out. No my fans were wired correctly. I would imagine derale would be willing to send you another fan.

How did you ground it wrong?
So I am keeping the original OBD2 port. I moved the new port to the location of the original. Instead of running new positive and ground wires I just jumped off of the original port. However I jumped a data wire instead of a ground.

In my setup I had 4 data wires and I kept thinking I mixed them. Incorrectly.

The good news is that everything seems to be good. Now the task is closing everything back up. And hiding the wires. I still have about 18” of too much wire on the X1 and X2 so I have to figure out how I will clean that up. No way am I leaving it like this.

D31A60E1-AA27-44FD-8610-1E04983C5794.jpeg

That's a nice spot to mount the GM ecm. I guess your swap is DBW so you don't need the old cruise control.
Correct. My friends who are electrical engineers are currently testing a raspberry pie module that will run my reverse lights/dash/AC/cruise control etc.

It helps when your friends helped to develop that damn Alexa device.

Correct. My friends who are electrical engineers are currently testing a raspberry pie module that will run my reverse lights/dash/AC/cruise control etc.

An maybe a small led indicator for the dash cluster for tap shift.

Hell yeah let's see it...

With a 4th kid on the way I'm stepping away from the v8 swap. Have a lot of parts tied up into it right now. Seeing if anyone is interested in a LQ9, rebuilt with rods, rings, valves and bearings along with a Brian crower stage 1 truck cam. Have the Holley Max plug and play harness and motor mounts. Currently sitting in the engine bay. Also have a rebuilt nv4500 with gm input splines and spud shaft for the land cruiser transfer case. Twin disk center for clutch, even have a all metal Chevy 2500 clutch pedal for easy install of the clutch master cylinder.

Will upload some pics this afternoon/tomorrow and make a for sale post.

Thank you

Dude, that sucks, are selling for money or no time? I suggest you keep it!! You’ll never get it back. With that said where is it located?
Mainly no time and thinking going to need a bigger rig with 4 kids. Which was the overall goal of over landing the US.

Located in Columbia SC.

With a 4th kid on the way I'm stepping away from the v8 swap. Have a lot of parts tied up into it right now. Seeing if anyone is interested in a LQ9, rebuilt with rods, rings, valves and bearings along with a Brian crower stage 1 truck cam. Have the Holley Max plug and play harness and motor mounts. Currently sitting in the engine bay. Also have a rebuilt nv4500 with gm input splines and spud shaft for the land cruiser transfer case. Twin disk center for clutch, even have a all metal Chevy 2500 clutch pedal for easy install of the clutch master cylinder.

Will upload some pics this afternoon/tomorrow and make a for sale post.

Thank you
For an 80?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom