8x Series V8 Swaps (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a shared an Earl’s banjo fitting that fits like factory on top of the tank a few times.
Thanks...literally right as I posted this...I found it. I guess that's what I get when I am on a zoom meeting for work and posting here at the same time. Noted on the filter. I think it will do the job.

Curious..where did you run the fuel and return line? I want to go outside of the frame on the driverside to stay away from the hear of the exhaust, but getting the line there may be a challenge...my tank is pretty snug.

Anyone have hp tuners? I'm looking at getting into having my own hp tuners stuff and looking for guidance on what to get. Picking up a laptop today I think

I have it - first thing to understand is that a license is locked to both your software and the VIN. So if you gave a friend $50 to get a license for your VIN to turn off your VATS - that's only good for his software. You'll need to pay again for your own.

The learning curve is steep and the documentation is marginal. But it's definitely useful. Would be more useful with a wideband O2 sensor setup.

Take specific notes with time, date on every change you make - there's a feature that lets you take them right in the tool so it gets saved with the file. Try to make just one change at a time. Save off all your changes to unique files to make rolling back or comparing versions easier.

I have it - first thing to understand is that a license is locked to both your software and the VIN. So if you gave a friend $50 to get a license for your VIN to turn off your VATS - that's only good for his software. You'll need to pay again for your own.

The learning curve is steep and the documentation is marginal. But it's definitely useful. Would be more useful with a wideband O2 sensor setup.

Take specific notes with time, date on every change you make - there's a feature that lets you take them right in the tool so it gets saved with the file. Try to make just one change at a time. Save off all your changes to unique files to make rolling back or comparing versions easier.
Thanks. What hardware do I need?

Funny that this convo came up. We are near the finish line of my swap. We had HO tinier hooked up. Everything was checking out. Except my TCM. It never showed on the software. In fact if you were under the rig you could hear an audible high pitch noise coming from the TCM.

I have a L96 and a 6L90 in our swap. Curious for any tips on the tool.

Can the folks that used the PSI wiring harness for the 80 please PM me? I have a few questions because I'm confusing myself. In particular, with needing to use Toyota sensors or GM. Thank you in advance.

Can the folks that used the PSI wiring harness for the 80 please PM me? I have a few questions because I'm confusing myself. In particular, with needing to use Toyota sensors or GM. Thank you in advance.

You can pm me if you like, but it's good to keep discussions here too, so others folks can find them.

You can pm me if you like, but it's good to keep discussions here too, so others folks can find them.
Ok thanks. @Stoshu clarified that I thought. I still needed to get the Toyota oil pressure and turned down water sensor.

I'll chime in again with more questions in a few days. I've read post over and over, but I'm a visual learner

Ok thanks. @Stoshu clarified that I thought. I still needed to get the Toyota oil pressure and turned down water sensor.

I'll chime in again with more questions in a few days. I've read post over and over, but I'm a visual learner
I used a 2nd GM coolant temp sensor in the other head to hook up to the Toyota gauge. I did some experimenting with both, and found the response the be similar where it mattered. If you look for my posts in this thread, you should find it.

In practice, the temp gauge with the GM sensor sits right about where it did before - and just as insensitive as before.

I turned a custom brass adapter for my oil pressure gauge.
78718818_2774793919207527_4992459573869674496_n.jpg

But there's an adapter available that lets you run both the Toyota and GM sensor off the same port.

Last edited:
I used a 2nd GM coolant temp sensor in the other head to hook up to the Toyota gauge. I did some experimenting with both, and found the response the be similar where it mattered. If you look for my posts in this thread, you should find it.

In practice, the temp gauge with the GM sensor sits right about where it did before - and just as insensitive as before.

I turned a custom brass adapter for my oil pressure gauge.

View attachment 3192597View attachment 3192597
But there's an adapter available that lets you run both the Toyota and GM sensor off the same port.
So what I'm going to do is either put the GM sensor in the stock location and the Toyota on the oil pan (or vice versa) using this.

Amazon product ASIN B01IO4PRJW

Just as a FYI, the GM ecm doesn’t need to see oil pressure. I placed the Toyota sensor in the factory GM location and did away with the GM sensor altogether.
That's how I saw others configure it, but got confused when seeing both.

That's how I saw others configure it, but got confused when seeing both.
Did you use a Marks adapter? They sent me water temp and oil pressure fittings so that I didn’t have to buy anything. Just plug n play the Toyota sensors.

Now if I could only see my TCM on the tuner tool.

Haven't tried it myself.
That’s pretty close to what I have. For the record I figured out the TCM.

I have a 2010 3500 express can donor. L96 with a 6L90. Apparently the TCM data lines went through a body control module to a brake control module. Since I didn’t have such module I had to splice in the data lines from the TCM to the OBD2 port.

Helps to know engineers who work for Microsoft who can read this stuff like children’s books.

Did you use a Marks adapter? They sent me water temp and oil pressure fittings so that I didn’t have to buy anything. Just plug n play the Toyota sensors.

Now if I could only see my TCM on the tuner tool.
@Tinkertoy I did buy Mark's, but I think getting the fittings was a different package that I didn't buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom