8x Series V8 Swaps (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Definitely, I was hoping to see details on a DIY solution though.
I purchased the setup from RPM Extreme. It's a simple 4 wire install and works great. The hard part in doing it yourself is grabbing the correct canbus signal for the relay. I had neither the time or skill set to go after that. Money well spent if you ask me.

My other problem is mechanical - while my shift lever feels like it's reaching that last detente, it's not quite there and the transmission doesn't actually go to first. Looking at the linkage, I need to rework things a bit to get that last bit of throw.
I’m having the same issue. I might try cutting away some of the cable sheath from the lever side to gain some cable travel. I’ll let you know how that goes when I get to it. For no other reason than it seems easier than shortening either lever on the shifter or trans side.

Hey everyone, big day for my swap. I got the motor and transmission pulled out. With just my 8 yr old helping it was quite the challenge. My question for the group is, I have to put on a lift kit, do brakes, and full front birf rebuild. Debating on how much to do before I put the new motor in. Not sure if any of it will be a particular challenge or not with a motor installed. Thanks for the inputs.

Hey everyone, big day for my swap. I got the motor and transmission pulled out. With just my 8 yr old helping it was quite the challenge. My question for the group is, I have to put on a lift kit, do brakes, and full front birf rebuild. Debating on how much to do before I put the new motor in. Not sure if any of it will be a particular challenge or not with a motor installed. Thanks for the inputs.
A small lift will help with front driveshaft clearance.

None of it needs to be done or is any easier while the engine is out.

No offense to that cabledude.

installing at least the front part of the lift is easier with the engine out. Access to the shocks and springs is much easier.

I’m having the same issue. I might try cutting away some of the cable sheath from the lever side to gain some cable travel. I’ll let you know how that goes when I get to it. For no other reason than it seems easier than shortening either lever on the shifter or trans side.
where did you mount clip on bracket for cable

where did you mount clip on bracket for cable
I cut a square hole in the sheet metal “truss” and drilled two holes to mount an L bracket.

I would not mount it here again. In fact I’m sure i have to change it once I figure out how I’m going to solve the cable travel issue of not engaging 1st gear. I was on a time crunch to get it drivable.

E218CCA6-DD2A-4503-80C0-C9AF762A9633.jpeg

I am almost through with the adapter plate to mate the later transfercase shifter to the Marks adapter and locate it in the proper spot. Would there be any interest in having more made? Price would be $100 made with .25 plate. Just a feeler to see if any demand exists. I would make it available on our site diyfabparts.com
Looked on your site and didn’t see this. Did you ever end up making this bracket? If not, do you happen to remember the general measurements to help my get started on making my own?

Looked on your site and didn’t see this. Did you ever end up making this bracket? If not, do you happen to remember the general measurements to help my get started on making my own?
I did not end up making them but I did cut two prototypes and I’ll see if I can put my hands on the 2nd. It is close but I did have to open the holes up a bit.

We are getting super close. Curious. What fuel pump/rectifier did you go with?

View attachment 3177702

You bought my mounts, right?

You have a gen 4 intake and those rails don’t have provisions for a regulator, so you will need to add one.

Decided on the following for my fuel pump/rectifier. Fuel Pump & Fuel Filter & Pressure Regulator. There isn't much room for AN fittings on the top of the tank so I hope to tackle that today/tomorrow. Haven't seen much on here...if anyone has images or writeups on what they have done...would love to see them. I am choosing to use new fuel lines to avoid issues that a few others have with cooking the fuel as it returns to the tank next to the new exhaust. Side note...hoping to start the engine for the 1st time on Sat. Lets hope all goes well.

Decided on the following for my fuel pump/rectifier. Fuel Pump & Fuel Filter & Pressure Regulator. There isn't much room for AN fittings on the top of the tank so I hope to tackle that today/tomorrow. Haven't seen much on here...if anyone has images or writeups on what they have done...would love to see them. I am choosing to use new fuel lines to avoid issues that a few others have with cooking the fuel as it returns to the tank next to the new exhaust. Side note...hoping to start the engine for the 1st time on Sat. Lets hope all goes well.
I have a shared an Earl’s banjo fitting that fits like factory on top of the tank a few times.

Last edited:
Can also get an adapter to go frome the return line to 6an its a barb fitting to 6an. You will have a short rubber fuel line make sure to get the fuel injection rubber line other end will be male 6an.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom