Builds 75 Series Truck - VZ shade tree special (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good. You can still buy the TOYOTA tailgate sticker if you don't have one.

... I have one, just have been too lazy to put it on. The list continues....

sitting here in a pool of dispair.... got the LS swap car sitting while I am trying to figure out what transmission I should go with, so decided to work on little things on this truck. Got all the locks changed over. SOOOO nice. Pretty sure a screwdriver would have started it before. got the door cards back on with new plastic retainers, and sealed up the windshield with the same goo that we use on the 80 series, poly black sealant. Hopefully that takes care of the water leak.

Still have not got the Tach figured out. The tach converter acts like it is working, so wondering if the tach is the problem.

Drove around a bit and came home to find that there is a gas leak near the tank. Not constant when not running, so thinking it is a fuel line..... Still likely have to drop the tank to get this sorted out.

One step forward and 10 steps back....

Well, finally got over the desire to work on anything BUT this car, and found the fuel return line was not clamped down so it had worked off. Simple fix, but in a spot that you could not see between the fuel tank and the frame crossrail, so took a little longer to fix.

So, back on the road testing it out.

The only thing left to try on the Tach is that my tach is bad. Does anyone have a 12v tach that I can try out or purchase from you? Needs to look like this on the back with the three connectors at the top.

1607954643861.png

@joekatana do you have a tach that would work?

Getting ready to post this up for sale. Trying to get on Bring a Trailer, and if not, Ebay it will go. $28k is what I am asking... after costs, should be about $10 per hour for all the time I have in it.

It is not perfect, I would want heat and the darn Tach to work, but great fun to drive, and with some more love would make a great rig.

Hello,

I hope it goes to a good home.

Juan

Agreed.

Getting ready to post this up for sale. Trying to get on Bring a Trailer, and if not, Ebay it will go. $28k is what I am asking... after costs, should be about $10 per hour for all the time I have in it.

It is not perfect, I would want heat and the darn Tach to work, but great fun to drive, and with some more love would make a great rig.
Shouldn’t be difficult to sell. 😊

So I have been in major denial about working on this car... seems like nothing ever went right. So even though I planned on listing it for sale a few months ago, I knew there’s a few things I still need to work on— so it sat. I did every possible other project on my list and avoided like the plague. Yesterday was the end to this pause and the first thing I did was I wanted to confirm oil pressure as the gauge always read low.
4B39B287-365C-41B4-9C06-2FD6DFF5F3C4.jpeg

everything looks good there!!! Second thing that has been nagging me is the turn signals in the dash did not work nor did the illumination lights. Of course with the issues with the pressure gauge as well as a tachometer, I assumed it was bad board or something.... first thing I did was change the lightbulbs in that fixed everything!!!

0AFA0F5C-E875-468E-AAC4-B489F6D7BEE9.jpeg

So with that I gave it a quick cleaning and took a bunch of pictures to list it!

90982664-C81B-4E6F-9828-06FA2F2441BE.jpeg

030F1F55-F731-4968-B066-A77F2F5D3374.jpeg

D3AA2898-3C41-4875-B7DD-8E0044D6A7B0.jpeg

CC9DFABC-56F5-4BF1-AF22-FD0BDF7D78B8.jpeg

C043740F-E9FA-4ACB-9842-6E74522E2384.jpeg

Kelly, I believe i might have a new set of floormats you can have.. they are even tan!

Link to ad when it goes live!

Kelly, I believe i might have a new set of floormats you can have.. they are even tan!

I cannot find my set... I searched for several hours yesterday, as they would look awesome in there! Put them in the taxi and I owe you some beer!

k

I see you're leaving the theft protection on the pedals? I love it.
I looked at that and said what the h#ll, but that make sense now.

Last edited:
I will have to add back woods anti-theft system to the listing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom